Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||£65000 - £68000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||January 16, 2020 19:33|
Does your enthusiasm for technology and IT make you excited to work in an organisation prioritising modernisation in systems? Are you looking for a senior Finance position in which you have full responsibility for the day to day running of the department? Do you want the opportunity to contribute to the success of an organisation that touches the lives of thousands of people?
My client is a London based Housing provider with excellent transport links that has spent the last few years investing heavily in upgrading systems across the board, and Finance has benefited greatly from this focus. The Head of Finance will report directly to the Director of Finance and has the following key responsibilities:
- Manage a small finance team, maintaining a happy and enthusiastic workforce, motivating and encouraging them to continue achieving highly
- Lead on the preparation of end of year accounts, oversee the production of monthly management accounts, and lead on budgeting and forecasting
- Act as a Business Partner to the wider organisation to help them get the most out of the Finance Systems - recent Systems implementations have left the organisation with sector-leading reporting capability which needs to be maximised outside of Finance
- Manage the Treasury function and the medium term cashflow
- Ensure an environment of sound financial control and compliance and lead on all regulatory returns.
This role would be an excellent move for candidates seeking to continue gaining experience to lead towards a Director level role in the future, but similarly, those stepping up into a Head Of level post would also fare well in this role, as the Director of Finance is highly supportive of progression.
The role comes with an excellent benefits package, including an annual leave entitlement well above average and highly generous pension contributions. The office operates with a friendly, relaxed environment and staff turnover is low, owing largely to a highly satisfied workforce - a recent survey showed that job satisfaction in this Finance department was remarkably high.
To be considered for this highly sought-after Head of Finance role, you should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with a passion for systems, technology and IT that can be demonstrated through past achievements and contributions in these areas
- Be experienced in senior finance positions with a breadth of experience including statutory accounts preparation and management accounts.
Applications are under constant review and the deadline is fast approaching. Please apply now to be considered.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Financial Performance
£70000 - £74000 per annum
Head of Financial Performance
£70k - 75k per year
Head of Business Planning and Treasury
£68k - 70k per year
Director of Finance and Corporate Services
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35000 - £40000 per annum