Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||£52000 - £58000 per annum + home working, flexible working|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||October 18, 2019 20:23|
Are you looking to use your finance expertise to have a real impact on those in need? Do you want to join a friendly, warm working environment with a sociable culture? Are you looking for a Head of Finance role in which you will lead a competent and established team and engage with budget holders around the organisation?
Joining a Surrey-based housing organisation, the Head of Finance has a broad remit of responsibility supporting a highly experienced Finance Director. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead an established team, covering Financial Accounting, Management Accounts, and AP/AR
- Focus on the preparation of Management Accounts, ensuring month end procedures are met in a timely fashion and that Management Accounting Assistants are supported in their day to day work
- Provide a first-class business partnering service to budget holders who have varying finance understanding
- Lead on the implementation of a new finance system to assist in the modernisation of the organisation
- Lead on tendering and pricing for new business opportunities, as well as overseeing the long-term financial plan for the organisation's accelerating development programme
- Manage the team's workload; motivate and encourage them to meet KPIs and exceed expectations
In return, you will enjoy being a part of a growing organisation, dedicated to its expansion programme whilst maintaining its core culture in a local Surrey setting. You will also have the chance to make the day to day finance operations your own and put your own stamp on the department, all whilst enjoying an attractive benefits package including genuinely flexible working. Success in this role will be noticeable by the marked improvement in efficiency and automation within Finance.
Parking is provided and you will enjoy the close knit, 'family' feel of this organisation. The culture of the office is refreshing and you will instantly sense the job satisfaction on offer upon walking through the door.
Candidates could be making a sideways move or taking a step up, but to be considered, please meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant. Those who have either worked in the Housing sector, or had exposure to the Housing sector in an accountancy practice environment, will be seen favourably, though candidates without this experience should still apply
- Be familiar with leading a small team and leading them in success
- Be a first-class communicator with a desire to contribute to a highly financially successful organisation and drive improvements across the board.
Applications can be reviewed at short notice. Please apply now to be considered for this exciting Head of Finance opportunity!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Internal Audit
£73k - 76k per year
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000 - £60000 per annum
£28k - 30k per year
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
£36000 - £38000 per annum + AMAZING BENEFITS