Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Hawkes|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 17:59|
The Head of Finance is the integral member to the finance team; guiding and assisting the team to meet their daily, monthly and annual tasks. They will bridge the directors, committee and board to the finance department, presenting key objectives and schemes
Our client is an International Development Charity that works with over 50 countries worldwide, aiding and assisting in areas of need. Being a large intercontinental charity, they have various streams of costs and revenues and are looking for a new Head of Finance to further advance, streamline and manage the finance department.
- Lead and manage the system-based accounting service.
- Line manage 3 direct reports, guiding with training and on job coaching.
- Develop and maintain management information systems and internal controls.
- Maintaining the overall insight that the statutory reporting is within government regulations and there is an appropriate financial control environment.
- Liaising with Investment Managers and Finance Committee to present on relevant reporting.
- Play an active role, alongside SMT colleagues to lead the long-term strategic direction of the organisation.
- To take overall responsibility for the services delivered by the finance team, and to ensure appropriate, efficient and effective financial systems and controls are in place within the department and regional offices in order to minimise risk.
- Ensure all Charity SORP and Charity Commission regulations are met.
You will be a qualified accountant of five years or more, with the understanding of applying UK GAAP and SORP 2015. The candidate must have experience of working on accounts for an international company or group. Financial analysis, management reporting and forecasting experience as well as excellent communication skills are essential for this role, as you will be required to manage yourself and team to work to tight deadlines.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Up to £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
£47k - 49k per year
Finance Manager- Management Accounts
£48000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Finance Manager
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits
Finance ERP Consultant
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £70000 per annum