Head of Due Process Oversight
|Job Title:||Head of Due Process Oversight|
|Salary:||101000 - 104000|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||February 23, 2021 11:20|
Following the establishment of the UK Endorsement Board (UK EB), which will endorse and adopt IFRS for use in the UK, the FRC will be responsible for due process oversight of the UK EB’s adherence to its due process and governance.
Reporting to the Director, Accounting and Reporting Policy, the role involves:
- further developing the FRC’s due process oversight policies and processes relating to the UK EB; and
- leading the projects to assess the UK EB’s compliance with its Due Process Handbook and drawing together any themes for reporting, this will include managing and developing project staff, delivering papers to the relevant governance bodies and meeting project deadlines.
Educated to degree level, with a professional qualification (preferably CCAB qualified Chartered Accountant, or senior solicitor or barrister with significant post qualification experience) and at a minimum of director level in an audit firm or senior management in industry. The ideal candidates will have:
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and experience of accounting standard-setting and related due process in the public interest.
- Advanced report writing skills, including drafting of reports for publication and internal Board & Committee papers.
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to present effectively to external and internal parties.
- Able to provide leadership through influence and to work as part of a team to influence the outcome of projects.
- A commitment to the objectives and processes of the FRC.
- Ability to engage with and command respect of senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Able to maintain key relationships working effectively within the team to maximise impact and effectiveness and demonstrate effectiveness and accountability.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgement, identifies and analyses information effectively. Understands the validity, relevance and limitations of different sources of evidence. Uses evidence to assess compliance and provide advice (ability to provide sound, clear and constructive advice).
- Able to work independently, prioritise the work and allocate to staff members to deliver the work agenda to agreed timescales, whilst keeping more senior staff updated.
- Able to foster a team environment and to develop and mentor staff members.
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- Values in Practice Scheme, rewarding performance against our values and behaviours.
- The FRC offers staff the opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- The FRC has a strong work/life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Complete the Diversity Form here
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Financial Operations
£46k - 50k per year
Head of Verification and Assurance
£61,863 - £72,226
£50k per year + Excellent Benefits
Finance Business Partner
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum