Head of Charity and Voluntary Sector
|Job Title:||Head of Charity and Voluntary Sector|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Up to £75,000 depending on experience|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2019 10:59|
Overall purpose of the role
To lead the Charity Finance Professionals and Volunteering communities, ensuring that these provide technical and member service activities to support delivery of the ICAEW strategy in the field of the charity and volunteer sector. The Head of Charity & Voluntary will lead ICAEW’s liaison and engagement with key third party stakeholders in the sector.
- Lead the Institute’s work in the field of charities and the voluntary sector. Determine and assess the need for new initiatives in these areas, and work pan-Institute to ensure their successful delivery.
- Lead the Institute’s Charity Finance Professionals and Volunteering communities, ensuring that both have full programmes of content, events, and ad hoc initiatives to grow membership and influence.
- Initiate and lead projects requiring high quality technical and practical thought leadership outcomes and/or guidance on important technical and practical issues in the charity and voluntary sector.
- Work with Commercial and Events to ensure that all commercial targets for the Charity Finance Professionals and Volunteering communities are met.
- Network and build relationships with key third party stakeholder bodies as well as potential and existing members within the charity and voluntary sector.
- Attend/convene meetings/events with key charity and voluntary sector stakeholder bodies to discuss matters of common interest and to ensure that the interests of members of the profession and the public interest are recognised before or at an early stage in future developments.
- Liaise closely with LPD to ensure the continuing currency and robustness of the Diploma in Charity Accounting and with CASS business school to ensure the delivery of a high quality, complimentary 3 day executive learning course in support of the DChA..
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs
- A Chartered Accountant with recent strong experience in the charity or voluntary sector, including technical work, with the following:
- A very good and up-to-date understanding of actual and likely developments affecting the sector and the ability to think strategically and focus resource to best effect.
- Strong management and leadership skills including the ability (i) to allocate and monitor work in a period of rapid and fundamental change, (ii) to engender a good working relationship with staff and (iii) to ensure that the SIGs operations and policy are consistent with, and supportive of, the ICAEW strategy and policy, (iv) to grow the income generating elements of the business in the area of expertise. Excellent influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills in order to work well with volunteers and staff in the ICAEW.
- High quality oral and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to cope with pressures caused by the volume of work.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Financial Performance
£70000 - £74000 per annum
Head of Financial Performance
£70k - 75k per year
Director of Finance and Corporate Services
£40k - 42k per year
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35000 - £40000 per annum