£70,000 - £100,000 dependant on experience
22 days ago
Job Title: Head of Audit & Accounts
Location: London, EC1N (with role-dependant hybrid working)
Report to: Audit & Accounts Partner
Direct reports: Audit & Accounts Supervisors
Days/Hours worked: Monday-Friday, 9-5 (35-hour week with flexitime)
Wilson Wright is an independent accounting, tax and business advisory firm based in the City of London. Our origins go back over 125 years and many of our client partnerships span decades.
We are proud to be a people-led professional advisory firm, where heritage, trust and partnership are at the heart of what we believe in.
Over the last decade the firm has undergone a transformation to become the dynamic and highly respected advisory firm it is today.
Central to our core belief is that client relationships and great service are critical to our success and that by promoting a personal, precise, supportive, innovative and proactive environment. We are a trusted adviser delivering valuable advice of the highest standard.
We act for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally including, but not limited to, property, fintech, sports, entertainment and media.
Our purpose is to Make it Count: we aim to inspire and support each other to be at our best, so we can make a lasting difference to our clients, the community and our firm. Take a look at some of our client relationships to see what sets us apart, https://www.wilsonwright.com/making-it-count/
What we value:
- We deliver exceptional client service.
We take great personal pride in helping our clients to achieve their goals.
- We are one team, together we make it count.
People are our greatest asset and together we all work as one team.
- We do the Wright thing.
Integrity is central to everything we do. Clients depend on us and trust us to do the right thing
- We all strive to be the best we can be.
We set high standards in everything that we do and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
Day to Day Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee the Audit & Accounts Department
- Take ownership of larger client audits to ensure an excellent level of professionalism and experience is applied to this chargeable work
- Be in the position, as an R.I. to sign off audit reports
- Lead the department in establishing Wilson Wright as an ‘Audit Centre of Excellence’.
- Design and implement Auditing and Accounting training protocols
- Oversee, develop and manage audit and accounts Trainees on their career path to becoming Seniors
- Manage Supervisors within the department, ensuring their roles are defined, optimised and impactful, as well as providing them with development opportunities
- Manage the performance of the department in terms of WIP, billing and chargeable time, engendering a commercial approach across the entire department
- Take ownership (with HR assistance) of all recruitment within the department, to include trainee/graduate recruitment
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects such as the implementation of the next generation audit software
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Registered Responsible Individual with ICAEW
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Substantial experience at Senior Manager or Director level
- Previous experience managing projects and implementing new systems, such as audit software
- IFRS, SRA and Charity or other regulated audit work exposure
- Previous management and training experience essential
- Natural coaching style
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and with clients
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, you will be required to undertake GDPR training in order to fully understand the regulations and ensure all work is carried out in a compliant manner. As part of any recruitment process, the Firm collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The Firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Wilson Wright is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates eligible to work in the UK.