Head of Asset Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Asset Finance|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£53000 - £57000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2020 18:20|
My client is a rapidly growing nationwide property organisation based in Birmingham looking for a Head of Asset Finance to join their team in a role filled with fantastic growth and development potential.
The Head of Asset Finance has the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the accounting for GPA's non-current assets including maintaining the Non-Current Asset Register.
- Prepare non-current asset notes, accounting policies and disclosures for inclusion in the GPA financial statements.
- Act as the key contact for external and internal auditors of non-current assets and associated controls incorporating audit planning, managing fieldwork and resolution of audit issues.
- Prepare forecasts for depreciation and impairments to inform annual and medium-term planning.
- Provide technical advice to business areas and finance team members on accounting and budgeting of capital and non-current asset transactions.
This role would be an excellent move for candidates seeking to continue gaining experience to lead towards a Director level role in the future, but similarly, those stepping up into a Head Of level post would also fare well in this role, as the organisation is highly supportive of progression.
The role comes with an excellent benefits package, including an annual leave entitlement well above average and highly generous pension contributions. The office operates with a friendly, relaxed environment and staff turnover is low, owing largely to a highly satisfied workforce - a recent survey showed that job satisfaction in this Finance department was remarkably high.
To be considered for this highly sought-after Head of Finance role, you should meet the following minimum criteria:
Be a fully qualified accountant with a passion for systems, technology and IT that can be demonstrated through past achievements and contributions in these areas
- Good knowledge and experience of Non-Current Assets accounting including management of Non-Current Assets Register.
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations.
- Ability to contribute to the wider corporate leadership and culture of an organisation
- Experience of driving improvements in processes to increase efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret significant amounts of financial data.
Applications are under constant review and the deadline is fast approaching. Please apply now to be considered.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£55000 - £58000 per annum + amazing benefits
Finance Business Partner
£38000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
Assistant Director of Resource
£60000.00 - £67500.00 per annum
Data Analytics Auditor, Future of Audit Lead
£46,298 - £63,145