Head of Accounting Services and Tax
|Job Title:||Head of Accounting Services and Tax|
|Salary:||90000 - 100000|
|Contact Name:||Anna Kemp|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2020 17:14|
Wilton require an experienced, dynamic Head of Accounting Services and Tax to assist us in driving forward our ambitious growth plans, successfully delivering our professional services strategy and providing excellence in client relationship management.
Our vision is to be ‘best in class’, providing an exemplary and unrivalled service to our clients. The successful candidate will therefore be responsible for supporting and shaping the Accounting Services team to become completely customer focused, providing a high level of technically excellent advice and identifying opportunities for all Wilton businesses to add value to the clients’ experience.
The post-holder will be a member of Wilton’s Senior Management Team within Professional Services and as such there is an expectation that you will make a significant contribution to our strategic direction and the achievement of objectives as set out in our business plan.
Working across multiple offices, this fantastic opportunity offers further development and exposure within financial and professional services.
Job Title: Head of Accounting Services and Tax
Salary: circa £90,000 per annum
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Accountabilities / Competencies
Customer Service Management
- Leading on the continuous growth and development of client relationships, both through the identification and cultivation of new relationships and seeking ways to add value and advance relationships with existing clients.
- Having the intrinsic ability to understand our clients’ needs and horizon scan for ways to expand our offer to them based on anticipated future requirements.
- Being attentive to clients’ needs, delivering on promises but also successfully managing expectations.
- Ensuring that the Accounting Services team are performing to agreed SLAs.
- Offering sector-specific, multi-jurisdictional (where required) tailored advice and guidance to clients.
- Providing real-time financial reporting to clients and ensuring Wilton’s support becomes indispensable.
Accounting Services and Tax
- Overseeing the account management of high and ultra-high net worth clients.
- Ensuring tax specialists are delivering according to SLAs and engagement letters, to high quality and in a timely manner
- Technically reviewing work by the Accounting Services team ensuring it is produced to the highest level.
- Working collaboratively with other departments including tax, legal, investments and pensions to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
- Utilisation of new technology to improve efficiency and confluence between accounting systems and processes.
- Ensuring the Accounting Services team deliver their objective of producing, reviewing and finalising accounts within 3 months of year end.
- Ensuring full utilisation of tax specialists (1,500 hours per annum).
- Ensuring all administrative work is leveraged correctly to deliver maximum value to the client and optimise margins.
- Fully accountable for your own utilisation of up to 1,500 hours per annum by delivering value to clients.
- Fully accountable for the efficient billing and maintenance of your work and progress.
- Fully accountable for the cash collection of all your clients, to ensure they are paid within the agreed payment terms.
- Fully accountable for the efficient billing and accurate invoicing for clients.
- Working capital management to include control of work in progress, billing and cash collection.
Leadership & Management
- Managing the strategic growth of the department, implementing structural improvements and developing skills and knowledge, to provide an enhanced bespoke service to clients.
- Leading from the front and role-modelling technical capability, relationship management, efficiency and quality.
- Able to build a long-term vision for the department and inspire “buy-in” from stakeholders and team members.
- Developing talent and providing robust and supportive management in multiple offices.
- Assume ownership of the deliverables across your areas of responsibility.
- Excellent end-to-end accounting skills – able to prepare accounts from inception to balance sheet.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with all subject matter experts and stakeholders across Wilton.
- Ability to deliver in line with Wilton’s Service Level Agreements, providing high quality service to our clients.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills with high attention to detail - able to write reports and interpret relevant data.
- Strong IT skills – able to effectively use Wilton’s current IT suite and embrace and promote technological developments within our sector to improve efficiency and cohesion.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain necessary confidentiality in undertaking of the role.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- PQE of at least 7 years.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Proven experience of success in a managerial role with the ability to demonstrate strong people management skills (essential).
- Experience of working with high net worth clients, international structures and international VAT (essential).
- Working in close proximity with tax professionals (essential).
- Experience of audits, property, manufacturing, regulated financial services, captive insurance and luxury asset management would be advantageous.
- Up to date with technological developments and integration.
- Experience of working at a strategic level and successfully managing change or implementing new ways of working would be beneficial.
- Driven by results and the delivery of a quality service.
- Strong belief and investment in good customer service practices.
- Leading from the front approach, with the inclination to “roll up their sleeves” and role model behaviours.
- Self starter who can take initiative.
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to motivate and inspire.
- Collaborative worker willing to share and promote the success of others
What we offer
- Attractive pension package.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Invitation-only share option scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Private Medical Insurance from day one, with enhanced cover for wellbeing – including a point systems for free cinema tickets, coffee and more.
- Regular socials and sponsored events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan scheme.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Operations - Professional Services
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Director of Accounts and Tax
80000 - 85000 + Benefits
Head of Financial Reporting and Analysis
Accounts and Tax Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Head of Treasury - Real Estate
City of London, London
£100000 - £120000 per annum