Group Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Group Tax Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + Bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2019 15:38|
Dynamic, international, finance organisation seeks a tax professional to head an internal tax function.
Your new role
This is a new role and encompasses in-housing tax compliance and setting up an internal advisory and tax compliance function.
The ideal candidate will have experience of running an in-house tax function or currently be a "second-in-command" seeking a step up to the next level.
An excellent, all round knowledge of tax is required, encompassing corporate tax, VAT and income taxes and social security:
- Good, general compliance knowledge is essential;
- Transaction experience (acquisitions, mergers, disposals, etc) is desirable;
- International exposure would be a distinct advantage;Transfer pricing experience (even in a general capacity) would be useful.
- Good, all round knowledge of VAT is essential;
- Experience of operating partial exemption special methods would be desirable;
- International experience would be advantageous.
Income tax withholding and social security:
- Remuneration planning in with respect to benefits-in-kind and share plans desirable;
- Exposure to an international mobile workforce would be advantageous;
- Preparation for changes to off-payroll working would be useful.
What you'll need to succeed
The role will suit a consummate professional with a holistic approach across tax disciplines. A highly motivated, proactive, self-starter, happy to take advantage of the opportunities this dynamic organisation offers to hone their tax skills and add value.
The successful candidate will be required to operate and liaise at all levels within the business, rapidly switching from detail focused compliance to painting the big picture when providing comprehensive advice and tax solutions to senior management.
Acting between the business (board to bottom level), professional advisers and tax authorities, often cross border, the candidate will need excellent communication skills. The ability to prioritise and deal with a rapidly changing list of requirements is essential. As is a 'muck-in', 'sleeves-rolled-up' approach to tax compliance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Group Audit Manager -with Flexible working
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Tax Manager (Global Insurance firm)
City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum
City of London, London
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
Operational Tax Accountant
£50000 - £65000.00 per annum
Tax Senior Associate - Jersey