Group Risk and Internal Audit Manager
|Job Title:||Group Risk and Internal Audit Manager|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, private medical|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Turner|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2021 10:23|
Our client is seeking a Group Risk and Internal Audit Manager to join the Internal Audit team at the HQ in Newcastle. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading construction businesses and is an excellent opportunity for those wanting to move into a core finance role - for the right candidate who spent 18-24 months in role, worked hard and impressed, there would be opportunities elsewhere in the business.
Our client is a leading FTSE 250 construction business that is headquartered in Newcastle.
The postholder's responsibilities will be:
- Evolve the internal audit methodology in line with good practice and to ensure the needs of the business continue to be met.
- Develop risk based internal audit plans to support and add value to the business.
- Coordinate other assurance activity across the business and maintain a Group-wide assurance map.
- Deliver risk and internal audit reviews across the business as necessary, ensuring findings are accurate, agreed with management and appropriately reported.
- Monitor findings and action plans to ensure appropriately remediated by the business.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the Audit Committee.
- Identify good practice and share across the business to ensure process improvement and organisational efficiencies.
- Maintain an on-going awareness of developments in corporate governance affecting audit practices.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other Group functions and the divisions.
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CA/ACCA
- Experience of reviewing and analysing systems, processes and controls
- Knowledge of audit techniques
- Internal audit experience within industry
Please note, that while the team are currently working remotely, once restrictions lift this position will be office-based, with some flexible working. Additionally, the business is unable to offer sponsorship for international candidates.
- Competitive salary c.£45,000-60,000
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Group Controls Manager
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
Group Finance Manager
£70000 - £80000 per annum + + generous bonus
Group Accounting & Tax Manager
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Group Finance Manager (Real Estate)
City of London, London
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus