Group Reporting Accountant
|Job Title:||Group Reporting Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Harry Wilkinson|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2019 16:51|
As the Group Reporting Accountant you will report to the Group Financial Controller supporting the Group financial consolidation and reporting process, including the Group's monthly management accounts. This is a new role in the Group Finance Team and will be an exciting career opportunity.
The client is a technology business with three core areas of business: aerospace and defence; industrial and telecommunications and biotechnology. The headquarters is in Somerset, UK with operations in the USA and Europe.
Key responsibilities of the Group Reporting Accountant include:
- Assist in the preparation of the Group's year and full year financial reporting
- Liaise with the Group's external audit team as part of their audit of the Group's financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, periodic financial forecasts and annual budgets
- Assist the reporting entities in their completion of their monthly reporting
- Produce the Group's monthly management accounting pack and other monthly reporting packs issued to the Group Board and Executive Management Board
- Provide financial analysis of the Group's financial results
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards on the Group
- Ensure adherence to the Group's financial policies by its reporting entities, including participation in on site reviews
- Assist in maintaining the Group's reporting chart of accounts including the calculation of its financial KPIs
- Assist with other ad-hoc special financial projects as required
The successful candidate for the role of Group Reporting Accountant is required to have/be:
- Educated to degree level and should be qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Technically proficient in IFRS
- A team player, receptive to ideas. Shares information and keeps key stakeholders informed
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Motivated to get things done and strives to exceed expectations
- Experience of working with multi-currency consolidations.
In addition to being:
- A flexible individual who can deal with an informal and fluid working environment
- Pragmatic and innovative, able to deal with conflicting demands for their time
- Dedicated and hard working with the drive and resilience needed to overcome obstacles and succeed.
- Able to interactive effectively with the different working styles of the various subsidiary finance teams across the Group.
- Possesses high levels of professional integrity, honesty and personal credibility.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£36000 - £40000 per annum
Group Internal Auditor
£45000 - £47000 per annum + £6k car allowance
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + bonus, enhanced holidays and pension
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
£40000 - £45000 per annum