Group Internal Auditor
|Job Title:||Group Internal Auditor|
|Location:||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension|
|Contact Name:||George Wearden|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2021 16:24|
The Role is to support the Group Finance and Compliance teams ensuring all companies in the Group are operating in line with Group Policies in relation to Finance, Compliance and systems.
The Client are a well established Manufacturing client based in Yorkshire
The Group Internal Auditor's responsibilities include;
- Perform internal audit testing over Finance and operational processes in line with internal review plan (i.e. monthly, quarterly, annually)
- To conduct audit review meetings in order to gain an in depth understanding of the area under review.
- To ask questions to ensure that the understanding gained is support and perform walkthrough testing.
- To be able to tie together process understanding across multiple business areas and / or systems.
- To undertake financial process reviews, challenging the existing processes with a solid financial controls basis (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc)
- Test integrity of data to supporting documentation and investigate quality of documentation to provide assurance that the controls are operating effectively
- Identify weaknesses or opportunities to improve as part of the continuous improvement cycle and conduct additional work as needed to identify the root cause of issues.
- Prepare Audit reports regarding each testing cycle for internal records and present to the DBS Internal Audit Committee alongside the audited site
- Work closely with Group Finance, Group Legal & Compliance and Group HR to work through and resolve identified issues
- Work with the External Auditor (and other external parties if required) to provide information and evidence regarding testing of control environment and to align the Group with new legislation / requirements in relation to internal control.
- Assist with implementation of new systems or processes within the different global sites
- Perform risk assessments on sites performance in relation to Finance and Compliance
- To educate teams on processes and issues with Internal Controls.
- To assist the Group Finance Director and the Internal Audit Committee in the future development of the internal audit function.
The successful Group Internal Auditor should have;
- Experience with audit and auditing control environments
- Direct interaction with multinational businesses and multiple cultures
- Individual must be detail oriented and process driven. Must be driven, diligent and tenacious with teams to obtain information and drive improvements.
- Highly organised and adaptable to change or approach to sites,
- Be open to International travel (50% of the role is International Travel)
The successful Group Internal Auditor will receive;
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000,
- A bonus and car allowance,
- Autonomy to create and build a function,
- Work in a supportive environment,
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Internal Auditor
£60000.00 - £68000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
Senior Internal Controls Analyst
£50000 - £70000 per annum
Group Finance Manager
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Group Financial Accountant (Engineering)
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus
Interim Head of Group FP&A
£500 - £600 per day