Group Finanial Analyst
|Job Title:||Group Finanial Analyst|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 18:56|
Hays Senior Finance are partnering exclusively with PGL Travel LTD based in the beautiful town of Ross on Wye.
From their small beginnings as a canoeing specialist in the Wye Valley in 1957 (on the border between England and Wales), PGL expanded into Wales and the Brecon Beacons National Park. Diversification into other markets has been a major part of the company's growth over the years, with development via educational travel for schools, IT and field study courses. The acquisition of the former Quest Outdoor Adventure programme, and purchasing a number of centres operated by competitors, resulted in a considerable expansion in the schools adventure market in the UK and France in the early 1990s, and 1993 saw PGL become a major force in schools skiing through further acquisitions.
Further expansion has seen the acquisition of three adventure centres in Australia; two in Victoria and one in Queensland, offering adventure courses for the domestic market. In 2007, PGL joined the Education Division of Holidaybreak, which provides outdoor education courses, activity holidays, cultural tours, and ski trips for over 250,000 children each year.
In January 2019, PGL was acquired by Midlothian Capital Partners and became part of HB Education Ltd. along with NST, European Study Tours and Study Link. PGL operates residential outdoor education and adventure trips for school children and educational travel tours for older students, as well as language learning and gap year trips. PGL now owns and operates 26 regional activity centres in the UK, France, and Australia.
The Group have recently restructured its senior management team with the appointment of Anthony Jones as the Group CEO and Luke Creighton as the Group CFO.
Due to expansion within the Finance team a new role of Group Finance Analyst has been created to offer a robust and visible link between Finance and the operational areas of the Group, creating timely and accurate commercial analysis to help develop a deeper understanding of the Group's current activities as well as supporting the roll out of fresh strategies.
This is now a thrilling and important time to join this fantastic business at a time of exciting growth.
Tasks and Activity
- Be knowledgeable about the wider commercial factors relating to the Group, identifying relevant factors, and undertaking analysis of internal operations, to support management to establish where new business opportunities can be exploited, and efficiencies can be realised
- Analyse financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Monitor centre level contribution performance
- Model and continually assess the impact of national minimum wage legislation on staffing costs
- Model daily occupancy levels across the estate to drive insights to support new product development / performance of existing products
- Support management on pricing proposals for all Group products
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; and recommending actions
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Establish relevant KPIs and performance drivers
- Project and investment appraisal to include IRR/NPV and ROI analysis
You will be an experienced commercial analyst with strong analytical skills, taking quantitative and qualitative data and turning it into real time MI to assistant the business in making the right commercial decisions at a time where they are going through considerable growth. High proficiency with Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects, PowerPivot) and above all you will have a proven track record with a proven track record of outperformance within a business/financial analyst role, owning issues to conclusion and delivering high quality output.
In return you will be working for the market leader in what they do, a company that has a truly fantastic culture and employees who are enjoying the challenges that comes with working for a high performing ambitious organisation. Competitive package available relevant to your experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group finance analyst
West London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + benefits
£50 - £60k
£80000 - £85000 per annum
Financial Planning Manager
£45k - 50k per year + Excellent Benefits
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum