City of London, London
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
13 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
I am currently working with a FTSE100 life insurance business to recruit a group financial senior accountant. This offers a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's top employers in a broad and varied role. The company offers excellent progression opportunities and a strong overall remuneration package.
Your new role
This is a key role within group reporting, reporting into the Group Reporting & Consolidation manager. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading and assisting in the preparation of the IFRS financial statements and Solvency II reporting for the Group
- Preparing analysis of and providing insight into the Group's externally reported financial results
- Supporting the delivery of Group Finance projects in respect of corporate activity, including the integration of acquired businesses into the Group's financial reporting processes
- Drafting of accounting position papers and input into papers for the Board Audit Committee
- Partnering with divisions and other Group functions to ensure that Group reporting requirements are met, and to provide advice on financial and regulatory reporting issues
- Coaching other members of the team, including review of outputs
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant with a proven record in financial reporting or solvency II reporting focused roles. You will need a strong technical knowledge of IFRS with previous experience with solvency II desirable. You will need to be a strong communicator, capable of engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across finance and the wider business.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with the opportunity to join one of the top businesses in the UK and experience operational best practice as part of a FTSE100 business. The company values its employees with a big focus on personal and career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.