£60000 - £75000 per annum + Fantastic Bonus
17 days ago
Goodman Masson are searching for a Group Financial Reporting Manager to join a leading global, FTSE listed Investment Manager. This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant to gain exposure to the Investment Management industry at a business with a superb reputation for internal progression in fantastically broad and varied role.
The group function is going through an exciting period of change, it has grown significantly in the past year and the focus in the short to medium term is to you improve processes, systems and best practice, so will have a significant project focus. The successful candidate will have a part in assessing business developments which is a great insight into the commercial side of the company.
- Developing and improving controls throughout the reconciliation process to reduce risk of error and developing a resolution path;
- Working with Senior Management, Treasury and Operations in unison;
- Monitoring the accuracy of investment valuations through analysing and interpreting financial statement information;
- Implement enhanced helicopter views of the close process through various work flows and systems;
- Financial change, improving processes, systems, best practice and automation;
- Preparing and presenting to management and the Board;
- Providing various reports to senior management to help inform strategy calls.
Key Skills: -
- Qualified accountant with IFRS know how;
- Private Equity or Asset Management, Financial Services experience preferable, but not a prerequisite;
- Strong academics;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and develop relationships;
- Ability to think analytically;
- Forward thinking, confidently voicing new ideas to improve processes.