Group Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Group Financial Reporting Manager|
|Salary:||£70000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, LTIP|
|Contact Name:||Chris Brannigan|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2019 15:34|
An outstanding opportunity has arisen at an international oil and gas exploration, production and development company, headquartered in London.
This is a newly created position suited to a candidate with a strong technical accounting background gained via audit in a Big 6 accounting firm.
You will be Audit Manager, or above, with a strong knowledge of IFRS and group consolidation. The role is ideally suited to an individual taking their first step out of practice, or looking to advance from an existing industry team. The Group has a stated ambition to seek both organic and inorganic growth.
Job description and responsibilities
An opportunity has arisen for a Group Financial Reporting Manager to join the finance function within the Group's head office in London.
The role is high profile, taking overall responsibility for the preparation of external financial reporting and providing leadership to the Group's finance function.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, and working closely with other senior financial and operational managers, responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the full year and quarterly consolidated accounts according to International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") for the Group and managing the external audit
- Managing the Group's public financial reporting requirements including compliance with relevant regulations
- Providing technical accounting guidance arising from new or changes to existing IFRS pronouncements
- Reviewing entity statutory accounts across the Group's operations
- Supporting group tax compliance and planning including corporation tax and transfer pricing
- In conjunction with the Group Financial Controller, developing and maintaining systems of internal controls and implementing procedures to improve existing systems
- Participating in company financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Supporting Group leadership in M&A and business development projects including assisting with due diligence of potential targets, equity and debt issuances and Group restructurings
- Providing support to the finance function and to carry out such duties, and take on additional responsibilities, as may be agreed from time to time with the Group Financial Controller
- Pro-active, conscientious qualified accountant ACA/ACCA with up to 4 years PQE, with strong, up to date, accounting and financial technical skills
- Experience of auditing or working in a UK listed company reporting environment
- Experience of auditing or preparing multi-currency complex Group consolidations
- Track record of understanding, assessing and implementing new accounting developments
- Ability to critically review data and information and identify potential issues and contribute to commercially driven solutions
- Experience of working in a team as well as working independently to identify and resolve issues
- Experience of effective communication and managing relationships with overseas teams
- Articulate with excellent business English verbal and written communication skills for preparing internal papers and public reports
- Strong analytical skills
- Infor SunSystems consolidation or other similar system experience an advantage
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's