Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £65000 per annum + plus benefits
11 days ago
Fantastic opportunity for a Group Financial Reporting Accountant. Market leading Birmingham company in interesting sector offering career progression.
Our client is a market leading technology and e-commerce business in Birmingham. As a result of sustained growth and exciting market opportunities, the company requires a high-calibre Group Financial Reporting Accountant to join the team.
The organisation is at the cutting edge of their field, has an international presence and an impressive vision for the future.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role will offer the chance to develop a broad range of skills, deliver on value-add projects and interact with senior stakeholders across the group.
As Group Financial Reporting Accountant, you will own all aspects of the group's consolidation and reporting of results and will be key in the group's presentations to the stock exchange and investor community.
You will support the group on technical accounting issues and from a control point of view and take the lead in liaising with external auditors.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Preparation of monthly consolidation to support board reporting.
- Preparation of half year and year end financial reporting information.
- Preparation of accounting papers if the group is affected by new standards or by new business decisions.
- Key point of contact with external auditors to plan the nature and timing of audit fieldwork, co-ordinating with the UK finance team on preparation, review and presentation of information to auditors.
- Leading on the relationship with the overseas division - reviewing monthly management information and attending the monthly conference calls on results.
- Take a role in the wider group control environment, for example by supporting the Board's risk management process.
- Working closely with our external Investor Relations partner and with the Company Secretary, feeding in to announcements to the stock exchange as required .
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA), preferably having trained with a top tier accountancy firm. A sufficient level of PQE is required to step into what is a senior and critical role within the function.
Some track record in a similar technical accounting role is desirable, though applicants making their first move from an accountancy firm into industry will also be considered.
Experience within Plc environments would be a plus, particularly within audit, controls or reporting. Attention to detail and the ability to work and think independently, as well as part of a team are essential.
Finally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the necessary attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn required to contribute towards the company's next phase of growth.
£60,000 - £65,000 + benefits