Group Financial Controller, Arcadis Gen
|Job Title:||Group Financial Controller, Arcadis Gen|
|Contact Name:||Vaughan Regan|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2021 17:34|
Arcadis Gen is continuing to hire across the world, with all interviewing and on-boarding completed remotely to ensure we maintain safe and secure operations. All new and existing Gen employees will work remotely until it is safe to return to our offices and workspaces. We are committed to flexibility and will continue to offer you, and everybody, the choices to work remotely and in ways that suit your lifestyle moving forward.
To realize its ambitious growth strategy, Arcadis Gen needs a cutting-edge finance team that is agile, bold and digital-first. The Group Financial Controller will lead the Finance domain and deputise for the Finance Director where necessary. They are responsible for creating and delivering a robust financial controls environment and for delivering insightful management reporting to support the business in its strategy for growth. Making sure the Finance team is well equipped with the knoweledge needed in a SaaS Business.
The Group Financial Controller will be working closely with all members of the Gen Leadership team and with the Commercial and Operational Risk Director as well as Finance Directors in other Arcadis Divisions and members of the Corporate FInance team.
What will you do each day?
§ Financial Reporting & Tax compliance: managing the team to ensure that statutory reporting, Group reporting and tax compliance is delivered on an accurate and timely basis for a global group of around 10 companies. Lead role for external and Internal Audit relationship. Work collaboratively with technical roles in Arcadis FLAT team and in Core regions in order to maximise use of existing internal knowledge and experience.
§ Financial Accounting: managing the team to ensure that accurate accounting records are maintained; design and lead implementation of a robust financial control environment for all Group entities. Encourage efficient processes and use of automation as appropriate.Ensure Compliance with IFRS.
§ Management reporting with Insight: develop and implement management reporting and forecast modelling for the group which aims to provide transparency and insight to the performance of the business and its intended growth plans. Includes accountability for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as well as Budget and Forecast processes. Implementation of required systems and continous improvement to support the buiness goals will be key.
§ Treasury: continually develop insightful cash flow forecasting and work closely with the Group Treasurer to manage a solvent business environment.
§ Business Partnering: work collaboratively with other leadership roles within Gen to develop appropriate governance and insight to support the strategy of the business as well as robust Finance challenge. The role will require excellent organisational, analytical, presentational and communication skills to make finance easily relatable to a wider audience.
Who are we targeting?
Our ideal candidate will be forward looking, highly collaborative and be able to build strong relationships with the senior leadership team. Essential to success is experience of working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success.
A Professional accounting qualification for example ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
Beyond that we are looking for someone who possesses:
- 5+ years of financial reporting and management reporting experience which could include in house corporate as well as in practice.
- Relevant experience in operational and/or commercial finance role in a project or product development environment.
- Experience of managing a high performing team
- A positive and forward-looking candidate with an ability to embrace change, new technologies and automation.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-channel initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an agile and collaborative working environment whilst promoting a strong team spirit and supporting staff development.
- Strong Influencing skills
- Experience of a systems implmentation
- Oracle Netsuite Experience
You should apply for this role if:
- You are passionate about digital transformation and disrupting industries
- You value diversity, hold an entrepreneurial spirit and test the limits of your potential
- You attempt the extraordinary, and are motivated to achieve and be better
- You are Bold, Agile and Focussed
- You are an optimist and believe in always finding a way
- You want to play a role on the global stage and influence the future of our industry
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Controller
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
Group Accountant *Digital Entertainment*
City of London, London
£48000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
40000 - 60000
Financial Reporting Analyst
Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
Group Tax Manager - Vibrant business - Excellent Role
£45000 - £52000 per annum