Group Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Group Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2020 10:52|
A permanent Group Financial Controller job paying £50-70k for a manufacturing organisation in Worcester.
£50,000-70,000 per annum
Mon-Thurs (8-4.30) and Fri (8-1.30)
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a leading manufacturing organisation in Worcester with the recruitment of a Group Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
You will be working for a well-established business that boasts a blue-chip customer base and features some of the biggest names within a specialist industry.
Your new role
Reporting into the CFO, you will be responsible for all accounting and controlling aspects of the Group operations and act as a key member of the core finance team. This includes consolidation and reporting across multiple sites ensuring high levels of controls as well as management of Group activities.
- Preparation and issue of Group monthly management reporting pack
- Preparation and issue of Group flash results
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts, tax packs and tax reporting
- Support CFO with management of audit for the Group including the preparation of audit packs
- Provide variance analysis and commentary in support of the MI pack
- Management of financial and general accounting for Group operations including system upgrades and implementations
- Management of UK VAT and Intrastats
- Management of manufacturing cost accounting and costing function including review of standards and monthly reporting
- Management of Group accounting activities including intercompany reconciliations
- Act as business partner to Group operations by providing support across various financial and commercial areas
- Implementation and compliance to Group controls and authorities
- Monthly reconciliation of Group trading results and all balance sheet accounts
- Line management and development of onsite Finance Manager and offsite Accountants
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous Financial Controller experience within an SME environment
- Manufacturing background
- Highly numeric and strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on implementing robust controls and processes
- Experienced in statutory accounting and management of audits
- Computer literate with a good understanding of ERP systems (Sage 1000 would be an advantage)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£238 - £375.00 per day
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
£350 - £400.00 per day
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Leeds, West Yorkshire