Group Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Group Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2021 12:53|
Your new organisation
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a prestigious educational institution based in Central London. They are recruiting a Group Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Own the end-to-end production of the Annual and Interim Reports & Accounts and subsidiary statutory accounts.
- Act as the group's accounting technical specialist, researching and writing papers on technical matters for discussion with the group's auditors.
- Own all technical accounting entries, including but not limited to the group's lease accounting under IFRS16; deferred tax accounting; property valuations and impairment.
- Oversee overseas tax and statutory compliance through management of advisors (currently Hong Kong / China and the US).
- Manage other statutory and compliance matters, such as supplier payment practice reporting and banking facility compliance.
- Support the CFO closely on strategic matters, for example the group's strategic projections.
- Develop excellent relations with the external auditors and advisors, finance colleagues, and other colleagues across head office and the schools / colleges.
What do I need?
You will be a qualified accountant with a technical background such as with an audit firm. You will have strong knowledge of IFRS for a consolidated group an sound generalist knowledge of tax, in particularly corporation tax. A specific tax qualification is not required.
What do I get return?
You will be paid a salary of 55000 - 65000 per annum (dependant on experience) plus excellent benefits working for a prestigious education institution.
What do I need to do now?
Please send your CV through ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Accounting Manager
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£40000 - £43000 per annum + Great Benefits Package
Group Technical Reporting Manager
City of London, London
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
Waltham Forest, London
£48000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + excellent benefits