£45000 - £51000 per annum
14 days ago
Group Accounting role in a massively successful and fast growth retailer. Looking for a big 4 / top 10 first time mover. Lancashire based but with lots of flexibility to work from home too.
Fantastic new role for an ACA first time mover from practice. Ideally making a first move out of a big 4 / top 10 practice into industry, Michael Page are keen to speak to ambitious ACAs wanting to join a thriving and growing listed business.
Reporting into 2 ex Big 4 ACAs, who started at the business in this role before being promoted internally, this offers a first time mover all of the support and opportunity needed when making that first industry move.
Perfect role to learn your craft in industry, get group accounting for a listed business on your CV, and progress quickly.
The key responsibilities for this Group Financial Accountant role will be as follows:
- Ownership of statutory accounting process:
- Preparation of annual and interim consolidated financial statements under EU IFRS. This will include preparing the consolidation and relevant disclosure notes, as well as drafting board papers on key issues where appropriate.
- Coordination of statutory accounts process for subsidiaries (reporting under FRS 101/102).
- Coordination of transition to new accounting standards, including assessment of likely impact, drafting relevant disclosures and communicating changes to divisional finance teams.
- Management of the Group's tax affairs
- Involvement in day-to-day treasury management including liquidity management, consolidating and reviewing cash flow forecasts and reporting on the Group's securitisation facility.
- Ad hoc project and analytical work as directed by the Group Finance Manager
The successful ACA first time mover for this Group Financial Accountant role will be:
- ACA fully qualified
- Trained in a Big 4 / Top 10 firm in audit
- Looking for a first move from practice into industry
We are also looking for...
- Strong technical accounting skills with knowledge of both IFRS and FRS 101/102.
- Exposure to group consolidations would be advantageous.
- An ability to work independently and take responsibility for one's own work.
- Attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- A willingness to "get stuck in" and to drive change and improvement.
- An awareness, but not necessarily detailed expertise of the UK Corporation Tax regime.
- Ambition to develop in the role and progress within the Group.
This brilliant Group Financial Accounting role can offer a market leading package of 45-51k based on experience.