Group Financial Accountant - 15 Month Fixed Term Contract
|Job Title:||Group Financial Accountant - 15 Month Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 33 days holiday,10% bonus,9%pension|
|Start Date:||ASAP/1 month notice|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2021 15:37|
Outstanding interim opportunity for a strong statutory accounting with a leading national employer
Your new company
Your new employer is a leading high street retail company who have been a staple employer in the UK for hundreds of years.
They are one of the largest retail employers with multiple sites across the country who take pride in their high level of service delivery to stakeholders across the UK.
With a diversified product portfolio, this leading business have successfully navigated COVID effectively and have continued providing essential services throughout the pandemic.
Your new role
You'll be joining the business at an exciting time of continued growth. Providing a maternity cover for a 15 month fixed term contract, you'll be a key stakeholder in the wider finance team, supplying essential statutory reporting to the wider business in a Group Financial Accountant capacity.
Being employed directly by the organisation, you'll receive an outstanding benefits package alongside a competitive salary commensurate with the role.
Purpose of the role:
You will support the Group Financial Accounting Manager in producing effective and accurate reporting, achieved by:
- conducting formal internal review and analysis over accounting process and policy;
- performance of balance sheet assurance activities;
- review and maintenance of accounting policies and the Group accounting manual;
- assisting with the preparation of the Group Annual Report and Accounts;
- supporting the external audit process.
- Review the quarterly business unit Finance Director Balance Sheet Review files, and assist in leading meetings to discuss results with each business unit.
- Complete the quarterly Central Finance Director Balance Sheet Review file and present the results to the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations;
- Preparation of journals;
- Reporting of Balance Sheet information to key stakeholders (i.e. Business Consolidation Report for use by Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis);
- Detailed testing of exceptional spend;
- Complete internal controls for areas owned.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts, including ownership of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Notes working files.
- Liaise with other areas of the business to obtain required information and support for the Annual Report and Account disclosures.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors to assist with audit queries.
- Review and approve the accounting treatments for capital expenditure items.
- Assist with updating and issuing the Accounting Manual annually.
- Support on Central Finance project work.
- Escalate any control issues identified and suggest improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with any specific legislative, regulatory, or contractual requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully qualified accountant with CCAB recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA etc.)
Preferred Knowledge and experience required:
- Good understanding of financial statement risks and assertions
- External audit experience preferred
- Experience reviewing and analysing financial information and providing recommendations
- Strong Excel skills - SUMIFs, Pivots, Lookups, etc.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to effectively summarise and interpret data.
- Experience in managing & influencing relationships with internal/external parties.
- Can communicate effectively to all audiences including non-finance experienced colleagues.
- Questioning and challenging approach, 'Can Do' attitude & ability to adapt to changing business priorities.
What you'll get in return
Salary: c.£40,000 p/a d.o.e. - negotiable for an appropriately qualified experienced candidate
- Cheap local parking with some on-site free parking and good links to local public transport
- 10% performance related bonus
- 25 days + statutory annual leave entitlement
- Pension: 5% employee/9% employer
- 15 month fixed term contract
- Formal flexible working policy available - some home based working from Setepmber, but currnetly working from home till the end of the summer with limited office access
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Accountant - 12 month contract
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£43000 - £46000 per annum + bonus + pension
Management Accountant - 12 to 15 Month FTC
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£43000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum