Group Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Group Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Freestone|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2019 15:00|
The is a rare and exciting opportunity to work for this exceptional Business as Group Finance Manager. The role has become vacant through an internal promotion and will be based at the Company head quarters near, Abingdon.
Michael Page are delighted to be exclusively partnering this exceptional Business in their search for a talented Group Finance Manager. The position has become available through an internal promotion and is an opportunity for a driven and an ambitious finance professional to join this very impressive Business.
The Company has a long standing reputution that focusses on quality and customer satisfaction centricity.
Working for the Director of Accounting, Tax and Treasury to ensure group reporting is made in a timely manner and in compliance with relevant legislation (Companies Act, IFRS and FSA rules). In particular production and analysis of the monthly management and interim and final statutory accounts to include:
- Consolidation, including consolidation entries and maintaining the Cognos Controller system
- Reviewing the figures to identify and resolve any issues identified, liaising with colleagues across the Group as appropriate
- Preparation of the Group's Interim and Full Year Financial Statements
- Consolidation of monthly forecast, annual strategic plan and budget.
- Preparation of covenant compliance certificates for the group's bankers.
- Preparing standard and ad-hoc reports for the Board and/or Senior Management.
- Working with businesses to shorten reporting periods.
- Preparation of UK company and dormant subsidiaries statutory accounts.
- Completion of UK/US statistical returns.
- Provision of additional financial analysis information as required.
- Supervising the treasury settlement function and reporting on foreign exchange variances. Assisting the Group Director of Accounting, Tax and Treasury in the efficient management of foreign currency and cash/debt positions.
Overseeing head office accounts including:
- preparing annual budget and 5 year strategic plan
- monitoring performance against budget including periodic review of general ledger
- supervision of head office assets eg cars
- Performing other projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Supervise junior Accountants on a day to day basis in particular deploying them effectively to assist with the above tasks.
Working with Group Finance, HO teams and businesses to understand and address specific business issues
High Calibre Graduate. Recently qualified ACA with first time passes.
Qualified accountant currently working in practice or in a similar role in industry.
Experience in audit/financial reporting.
Computing skills: Excel expertise and Powerpoint competence essential
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Group Finance Manager
Castle Donington, Leicestershire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
Group Reporting and Consolidation Manager
Belfast, County Antrim
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Welwyn Garden City
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum