Group Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Group Finance Manager|
|Salary:||51000 - 70000|
|Reference:||GRP FIN MGR - 001|
|Contact Name:||Laura Beamont-Scott|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 19:41|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Finance Manager to lead and develop our Group Management Accounting team at our Slough Head Office in Berkshire.
This role is important,you'll be working closely with Divisional Finance Directors and Business Partners, providing accurate financial information and meaningful analysis to key stakeholders including senior management.
You’ll also be responsible for the following:
- Producing monthly financial information through timely closing of books and performing month-end actions.
- Managing and developing a Management Accounting team of 12 people.
- Managing process of Software Revenue recognition in accordance with IFRS and monitoring deferred and accrued revenue balances.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for divisional entities.
- Working closely with FD and Business Partner to analyse results and provide meaningful insight.
- Assisting with annual audit including working with auditors on testing and assisting with preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Building relationships with other functions and with key stakeholders to enhance collaboration across the business
- Utilizing various systems and data warehouses to deliver and enhance the management information that drives the Accountancy business unit.
- Monthly review of actuals versus forecast and budget.
- Sharing best practice with the finance leads of the other business units
- Supporting provision of consolidated group Board Reporting
- Promoting the IRIS brand in a friendly, professional manner.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
Ideally suited to someone who has recently left practice, this role gives the opportunity to gain experience of a large and evolving Group finance function, whilst also having the opportunity to create real impact and shape the reporting process for the Group.
Additionally we’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Excellent Reporting skills
- Evidence of providing a value added service to the business
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
Who are we?
IRIS Software Group is the laregest privately owned software business in the UK. With 40 years' experience, the IRIS Software Group is a leading provider of business critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors in the UK. IRIS continues to be a leading supplier to the UK accountancy sector with over 20,000 Accountancy Practices relying on IRIS every day to run their business, and IRIS meets the needs of over 80,000 SMEs through its leading bookkeeping, payroll and HR software solutions, with 14% of UK companies paying their employees through IRIS. The Education division of IRIS also provides software to over 10,000 schools and academies, and 51% of UK academies are powered by its PS Financials software.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's