Group Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Group Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 17:41|
My client a growing agricultural business in Herefordshire are currently recruiting for an established Group Finance Manager to join their business.
You will be responsible for overseeing the monthly group consolidation. Including Triple Bottom Line reporting (Sustainability), providing key support to the Finance Director and Controller and ensuring that Business Reporting remains accurate and timely.
- Team Player, energetic, and enthusiastic - essential attributes
- Embraces and supports change processes
- Confident, self-starter able to act on own initiative
- Positive mind-set
- Commercially aware, forward thinking
- Knowledge of financial IT systems, MS Navision would be advantageous
- Previous experience of team management
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and working to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and logical decision making
- Understand the requirements of an audit and internal controls
- Maintaining control and accuracy of the businesses Accounting and Triple Bottom Line Reporting.
- Daily management and control of the Balance Sheet and Financial Statements.
- Reporting on the Business' approach to Triple Bottom Line Performance (Profit, People & Plant).
- Review the Company Monthly Accounts file and report on outstanding issues, areas of risk and materiality to the Controller in preparation for the monthly Finance board report.
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are complete and inter-company balances reconciled on a monthly basis by liaising with Controllers of overseas group companies.
- Development of the monthly consolidation of group management accounts and reporting.
- Supervision and review of fixed assets and investment accounting.
- Supporting the process of the annual statutory accounts and tax pack preparation, including overseeing the preparation of the year end file.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of statutory reporting and VAT.
- Governance of the reporting timelines.
- Support to Management Accountants.
- Review of monthly management accounts and budgets for Central Overheads
- Management of the audit process
- Attendance and supervision of stocktake.
- Budgeting for and Group companies.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of detailed Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that systems and internal control are maintained.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to systems and processes to best practice.
- Stewardship of Microsoft Navision.
- Communicate regularly with other Managers to ensure that issues in the Finance Team are brought to the attention of others and receive feedback from the other areas.
- To make improvements in the working of the Finance team to increase efficiency and overall promote a proactive Finance Team.
- To support the implementation of systems.
- To ensure holiday cover planned so that all roles are covered and there is no period of understaffing.
- Ad hoc reporting as required including financial modelling and analysis.
- Agricultural/Horticultural or FMCG experience preferred but not essential.
- Exposure to or experience of operating within a group of companies.
- SME Experience required.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's