£70000 - £80000 per annum + + generous bonus
13 days ago
Group Finance Manager | £70K - £80K + bonus
- PE-backed property scale-up
- Process improvement focus
- Suits top 20-trained ACA's
Exciting new role!
The Group Finance Manager will support the Group to ensure best practices in financial accounting processes and internal controls are being followed, ensuring the provision of financial information for internal & external reporting is timely, accurate and compliant with UK GAAP / IFRS. The role will also finance business partner with the HR team on all staff compensation and reward matters and contribute to systems implementation and digitisation across the business.
- Design and prepare monthly Group management reporting (balance sheet, group cashflow and working capital) and implementation of reporting into new accounting software.
- Drive improvements in quality and timeliness of reporting across the Group, supporting the month end close process.
- Develop and document Group policies around financial processes and controls and ensure these are adhered to by finance teams.
- Provide the business with sound and clear technical accounting guidance (including written technical accounting papers) on any matter arising including the impact of changes to accounting standards.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller and external advisors to manage tax and VAT affairs.
- Prepare year end consolidation and statutory reporting.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller in co-ordinating the Group external audit.
- Finance Business partnering to the People & Culture team.
- Produce Budgets and forecasts, accounting and analysis for all staff costs and training for submission into group management accounts.
- Implementation, recording and forecasting of Group short-term and long-term bonus/ incentive plans.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of a suite of new accounting (e.g. Yardi) and forecasting (e.g. Anaplan) software and new tools to create efficiency and digitalisation of workflows.
- Lead on ad-hoc finance projects/ activities with teams across the business.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA accountant, preferably top 10 trained
- Open to first movers from practice or those with industry experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP with proven experience in technical accounting
- Strong background in completing and reviewing consolidations
- Personable, positive, dynamic manager who works flexibly and collaboratively to achieve deadlines, with a 'roll up sleeves' to get the job done attitude