£45000 - £55000 per annum + bonus and other benefits
6 days ago
This role will assist in developing first class internal and external financial reporting for ESH Group, in line with changes to financial reporting frameworks to meet our shareholder and other stakeholders needs. Assist in producing timely and accurate interim and annual consolidated financial statements, along with monthly management accounting and reporting.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Working with the group reporting accountant provide regular review of financial accounting standards and updates, and other corporate reporting requirements that impact onto ESH group and its subsidiaries.
- Assist in preparation and production of the annual and interim financial statements for external publication for ESH group as well as standalone accounts for the property and holding companies within the group.
- Assistance in external audit process through the year end and half year audits for ESH group accounts and the relevant subsidiaries.
- Key contact with external credit rating agencies, producing forecasts and analysis of ESH group and banking covenants
- Company secretarial filing and record keeping
- Working closely with our tax advisors to ensure that tax is calculated and paid promptly with HMRC.
- Month end accounting for property and holding company subsidiaries including accruals, prepayments, general book keeping and variance analysis.
- Production of group monthly and statutory income statement, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 3-year high level forecasts and input into longer term financial forecasting models to help strategic decision making.
- Consideration of longer-term financing and cash flow requirements, through detailed cashflow forecasting, treasury functions and debt management including monitoring of debt covenants
- Accounting qualification - Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA - a strong technical background with experience of external financial reporting under IFRS including consolidated accounts
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, maintaining and building relationships with a variety of key stakeholders
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to liaise with other teams to ensure efficient monthly processes.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Can work in a time-pressured environment.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision is a bonus but not essential
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus