£45000 - £55000 per annum
24 days ago
Work in the Group Financial Reporting Team in the efficient and timely preparation of the financial reporting deliverables.
Part of a great team and an excellent first move from practice into industry
My client, based in Farnborough, is an international market leader
Duties will include:
- Responsible for separate statutory reporting for group companies
- Responsible for key statutory reporting notes
- Responsible for impairment testing in terms of IAS 36 across the group
- Critical member of the team for the Group's statutory half-year and year-end reporting cycle ensuring business submissions received are materially accurate, produced to deadline and comply with policies and applicable IFRS financial reporting requirements. Deliver a substantial reduction in audit turn-around times through process improvement.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly Group consolidated cash flow in the Group's reporting system, liaising with the systems accountant on improving the system cash flow logic
- Responsible for the preparation of consolidated cash flow forecasts and budgets, working closely with treasury and counterparts in the business
- Assist with the technical parts of the monthly consolidation such as IFRS 16
- Assist with the design and implementation of an internal control framework and the related self-assessment, dispensation requests and action plans. Once establish monitor and support the operating effectiveness of this control.
- Responsible for certain routine and non-routine accounting papers ahead of half year and full year reporting. Assist with updating the accounting manual.
Ad hoc project support:
- For M&A and process improvements. Identify and propose improvements and efficiencies in existing processes.
To be considered you will be:
Excellent educational background and an ACA /ACCA qualification.
- Big 4/Top 10 background preferable
- A high potential individual who has the potential to grow with the organisation and contribute significant value to Group Finance.
- Good understanding of IFRS and FTSE listed reporting process. Sound technical accounting background including IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS 102
- Used to work in a time pressured environment.
- Good demonstrable skills Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Skills to liaise effectively with all levels of management and other regional businesses.
- Proven experience in analysing complex issues and making decisions in a timely fashion, balancing priorities effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Well organised, with good attention to detail and high levels of intrinsic motivation that manifests itself in a 'can do' attitude and reliable and flexible approach.
- Good problem solver with intellectual curiosity
- Good team player, hunger to learn and confident, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident and articulate
Package of £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience