|Job Title:||Group Accountant|
|Location:||Harrogate, North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£36000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sadie O'Callaghan|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2020 20:16|
Michael Page are proud to be working exclusively with a growing manufacturing business based in North Yorkshire who are well known in their field.
Being in business for over 50 years, this privately owned group are known for designing and manufacturing quality products that are sold into a variety of industries including the public sector.
Their products are designed and manufactured on site, where the head office is also based.
This is a key and dynamic leadership role for the group and is responsible for financial control and governance, producing and interrogating and reporting the financial statements, providing insight and supporting and challenging the business strategy.
The role is wide ranging and covers the leadership and development of the finance team, financial controls and processes, working capital, producing the monthly management accounts with analysis and providing insight.
Reporting into the MD, responsibilities will include;
· Implementing standardised reporting across the group.
· Production and understanding of the monthly Management Accounts (P&L, B/S and cashflow).
· Manage, control, report and advise on revenue and costs (overheads, direct labour, stocks, capital expenditure, working capital and investigate variances.
· Working with and alongside the commercial and other functions to drive and support profit improvement and working capital initiatives through sustainable cost reduction initiatives and revenue growth plans, whilst supporting the group strategy.
· Develop and challenge budgets, forecasts and 5 year strategic plans.
· Managing, motivating, developing and mentoring direct reports.
· Developing, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and driving KPI's.
· Key contact and support for External Auditors and payroll providers.
· Ensuring the business is covered for large foreign currency payments.
· The management, control and reporting of working capital.
· Improving the overall P&L, B/S and cash-flow performance of the Group.
· Monthly and quarterly forecast reviews and YoY analysis of what is driving performance.
To be successful in this role you must be a qualified accountant with strong technical accounting skills.
You must be confident in partnering with stakeholders outside of Finance, able to communicate effectively and help the wider business make improvements to processes.
Ideally, you will have worked in a manufacturing environment before, with knowledge of factory accounting, product costing, stock control and supply chain accounting.
SAGE experience is also essential.
Competitive salary and the opportunity to join a growing business with lots of opportunity to progress.
Interviews will be held over video link in the first instance.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Accountant (Engineering)
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus
Group Finance Manager
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Group Tax Manager (part-time considered)
£85000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + + benefits