|Job Title:||Group Accountant|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2020 10:05|
Group Accounting Manager major not for profit organisation Leeds City Centre
Your new company
I am delighted to be working with a large not for profit organisation based in Leeds City Centre.
Your new role
You will be responsible for consolidated financial reporting, management accounts, forecasting and the annual business plan. The year-end process, including ensuring that the audit, proceeds in a smooth and effective manner. This includes being one of the two primary contacts for audit queries during fieldwork. Leading and Managing three direct reports covering three of: Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Credit Control, Cash and Billing and Legal debt recovery. Deputising for the Group Accounting Manager as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed following knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications are essential:
- Being a Chartered accountant (ACA, CA or ACCA equivalent), with suitable up to date knowledge os accounting standards
- Experience of year-end accounting processes and preparation of statutory accounts.
- A strong understanding of process and of what 'good' process is, with the ability to enhance or create financial systems that are efficient, effective and reliable - making use of automation where appropriate.
- A sound understanding of the principles of Payroll, Accounts Payable, Credit Control, Fixed Assets and Bank and Cash.
- Confidence and ability to use initiative to develop solutions.
- Outstanding organisational skills contributing to overall efficiency in working.
- The confidence and drive to take a visible lead on process and control improvements, not being afraid to innovate and break with previous convention.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships and team culture.
- An exceptional communicator, both verbally and in written form, being able to explain complex financial information to people across the organisation.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (including lookups and pivot tables)
What you'll get in return
A opportunity to work for a major not for profit organisation with a great reputation offering an excellent working environment, flexibility, and a great benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40k - 45k per year
£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£43k - 46k per year
Financial Accountant - Part-time
£40000 - £45000 per annum