|Job Title:||Group Accountant|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Karo De Schryver|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2020 13:45|
Group Accountant - Retailer specialised in Electronic devices !
Your new company
At the moment I`m recruiting a Group Accountant for a dynamic Retail company specialised in electronic devices. The business is growing rapidly and has successfully completed multiple acquisitions. Over the same time the company has doubled to +£20milj pa and the employee base has increased 3 times across the 3 core locations within the UK. Because of the growth the company is looking for someone new who can join the finance team.
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is be the technical lead on accounting and controls. The role takes ownership of statutory accounting processes and supports the more technical areas of monthly management accounting, as well as overseeing payments and other accounting functions, whilst providing leadership, motivation, training and development of accounts payable and accounts administration teams.
- Prepare statutory financial statements including group consolidations
- Work with the Group Controller to ensure the accurate and timely integration of acquired balance sheets and implementation of consistent accounting treatments
- Liaise with external auditors throughout year end process
- Lead on the technical accounting areas including acquisitions and investments
- Work with the Group Controller to ensure there are strong financial controls across all business operations
- Oversee the smooth day to day running of the accounts payable and cash/bank operations, progressively making improvements in processes
What you'll need to succeed
For this role I`m looking for someone who is:
- ACA or ACCA Fully Qualified
- Industry or practise trained
- Good knowledge of technical accounting
- Positive and forward-thinking attitude
- Working knowledge of VAT and corporation Tax
- The ideal candidate will come from a medium to large company background
What you'll get in return
The new Group Accountant will report directly to the Group Financial Controller and work alongside the Management Accountant. You will work in a growing business with a lot of opportunities in the future. You will have the possibility to take ownership, develop the role and in the future you can manage some people as well.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Karo now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Accountant
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Group Financial Accountant - Frimley
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus
£200.00 - £300.00 per day
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Richmond upon Thames, London
£250.00 - £300.00 per day