|Job Title:||Group Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 15:50|
A permanent Group Accountant job paying £35-45k per annum for an organisation in Malvern.
£35,000-45,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification)
Mon-Fri (9-5) - flexibility required
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a reputable and growing organisation based in Malvern. With sites all across the Midlands, this organisation stocks items from a range of manufacturers and supplies to customers in a number of specialist areas.
The company has seen rapid growth over the last few years and consistently increasing turnover due to the acquisition of sites in new locations. Due to retirement, they are seeking an experienced Group Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly into a Board of Directors, you will have responsibility for all management accounting and control of the Head Office accounts function that is centralised in Malvern.
- Production of monthly management accounts for all sites
- Reconciliation of invoice discounting and liaison with the bank on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Management of outsourced payroll and overview
- Preparation of the audit file for external auditors at year end
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Streamlining paper flow to improve efficiency
- Reporting of financial information for Board meetings
- Management of 3 accounts staff in Malvern and regular liaison with clerical staff at other branches
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Strong background within management accounts
- Knowledge of bespoke accounting packages (Sage is preferable)
- Staff management experience
- Be able to work on own initiative
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and an opportunity to work for an organisation that is going through an exciting period of growth. Other notable benefits include training and development opportunities, 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), private healthcare and a contributory pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's