Global Head of Tax
|Job Title:||Global Head of Tax|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£110000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2019 10:39|
Global Head of Tax. Great opportunity for someone looking for a global role and a step up in responsibilities
Your new company
A growing organisation with operations around the globe this is a leader in its sector.
Your new role
The Global Head of Tax is responsible for managing the Group's complex international tax affairs in all respects and ensuring effective tax strategy, planning and compliance to all applicable policies, standards and regulations.
- Concurrent review of applicable tax legislation, commercial activities and group structure to ensure effective optimisation of Group's tax position;
- Continuously review the applicability and suitability thereof of the Group's transfer pricing model to ensure model fit for purpose and optimal at all times;
- Partner closely with local management to understand tax issues, exposures and associated accounting and advise on optimal solution;
- Submission of all corporation tax returns of UK entities, monthly VAT returns and delivery of half year and full year tax reporting including iXBRL;
- Continuously develop and drive process improvements to ensure robust control over the group's tax position and reporting processes;
- Effectively manage relationship with and requests made by the UK tax authorities;
- Develop comprehensive understanding of accounting and reporting systems (Dream, Unit 4 and Hyperion) to ensure effective tax accounting and reporting;
- Concurrent review of all tax balances in the statutory ledger (such as VAT control account) to ensure appropriately stated and compliance with applicable accounting standards, tax regulations and Group's policies;
- Provide tax advice on all structuring and M&A transactions across all applicable global tax jurisdictions;
- Manage tax audit engagement with KPMG and ensure adherence to all shareholder reporting requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
ACA and CTA qualified accountant and tax professional with 8+ years of PQE managing a group's complex international tax affairs across multiple tax jurisdictions. The individual will need experience in developing and execution of complex projects (such as Transfer Pricing) as well as experience in developing and managing a large group's international tax strategy and planning initiatives.
The individual must have tax advisory experience in respect to structuring and M&A transactions within the international arena.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group FP&A Manager
Group FP&A Manager
£65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Senior Internal Auditor - 12 month FTC
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Senior Internal Auditor
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
Finance Manager (Shipping)
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus