Global Financial Controls Manager
|Job Title:||Global Financial Controls Manager|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Contact Name:||Payal Khakhria|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 10:29|
- Group Finance Transformation Programme:
- Development of an end to end controls framework for new processes.
- Consult with Global Process owners on process changes for continuous improvement of the Control's framework.
- Conduct reviews of role designs across the end to end process ensuring appropriate segregation of duties.
- Create control KPI's to monitor control environment for the end to end process.
- Support development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Risk and Controls framework.
- Oracle Governance, Risk and Control Cloud:
- Develop and maintain Oracle Automated Financial Controls (AFC) system.
- Liaise with business partners to implement AFC into processes - To investigate and resolve financial transactions errors/fraud.
- Centrally monitor financial transactions AFC errors/fraud – Report to key stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, monitor Oracle automated Access Controls (AAC) system (or equivalent system) ensuring appropriate segregation of duties.
- Remediate any segregation of duties violations via role design and end user provisioning.
- Control Environment:
- Support "2nd line of defense" assurance activities including Key Financial Control Self-Assessment, Risk Management, IT Risk and Controls, Legal Compliance, security.
- Review and support design and operational testing of Key Financial Controls.
- Assist with the preparation of reports to senior management.
- Support Head of Global Controls in undertaking any other ad hoc projects/duties as requested.
- Liaise with internal and external clients/auditors to resolve issues and next steps in a timely manner.
- Professional Finance Qualification
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- Experience of internal controls implementation or design improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Strong communication skills to include presentation, influencing and relational skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Able to self-motivate, organise and take responsibility for own workload to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met.
- Ability to work using their own initiative to solve problems and work under pressure.
- Able be to multi-task and prioritise work effectively.
- Good team player whilst being able to work independently on own tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of controls and risk.
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing controls.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users.
- Knowledge of core financial end to end processes - example R2R, C2C and P2P.
- Data interrogation techniques to identify issues, errors and fraud.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Understanding of IT General Controls – desirable.
- Good understanding of segregation of duties and sensitive data access principles.
- Knowledge of Reporting and Corporate Governance.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Risk & Controls Manager (People)
Welwyn Garden City
54000 - 63000
Financial Reporting Manager (1st time / 2nd time mover)
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum