Group Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Group Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Rachael Parkes|
|Job Published:||April 29, 2021 14:31|
Reporting to: Finance Director
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who is focused on progression, to take the role of Global Financial Controller, the purpose of this role will be to ensure strong accounting and reporting throughout the group, including overseeing and monitoring an effective control environment and providing strategic information and advice to the senior management team where necessary.
The successful candidate will be joining a world class technology company, which is private equity backed that will continue to rapidly expand through organic growth and M&A activities. This role is suitable for someone who is keen to progress their career.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Director in all aspects of financial management of the Group.
- Responsible for all the finance day-to-day operations and people management of the company’s management accountant and administration team (6 people in total)
- Guide and oversee the preparation of Group management reporting, including the development of financial analyses, key performance indicators, and forecasts with a view to presentation of these to the executive management team and the board.
- Preparation of best-in-class board pack, drawing on information from across departments, providing additional analysis and data collection where required.
- Manage the organisations financial reporting obligations and oversee the performance of financial and regulatory compliance and governance worldwide (UK, US, EU, Japan).
- Work with the team to prepare budgets at department, company and group level.
- Monitor, track and drive performance, seeking corrective action where required to ensure delivery of the business plan and providing advice to the management team where necessary.
- Responsible for the implementation of an ERP system, ensuring that finance processes, systems and controls are operating effectively.
- Manage cash flow and working capital by regularly reviewing internal reports and working with other departments to ensure efficient operations.
- Treasury management including foreign currencies.
- ACA or ACCA qualification with at least 5 years’ PQE in industry
- Sound understanding of both Financial and Management Accounting, and high level of commercial awareness with problem solving skills.
- Significant accounting experience, including recent experience in a similar level role within a commercial environment.
- Experience of Private Equity or Venture Capital environments an advantage, as exit / M&A experience
- Good modelling skills.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 4% Pension Contribution
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
Datapath was founded in 1982 and are now distributing across 5 continents. We have end customers in more than 100 countries worldwide and in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Datapath consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements. We are a successful and expanding company, with offices in the UK, US, Japan and customers in every major global market.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's