General Practice Manager
|Job Title:||General Practice Manager|
|Salary:||54000 - 60000|
|Reference:||GP Heathrow Office|
|Contact Name:||Amy Maguire|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 11:54|
Job Title: General Practice Manager Location: Heathrow
Department: General Practice Reports To: Partners
About Moore Kingston Smith
Moore Kingston Smith is a dynamic, leading UK firm of accountants and business advisers. We have been helping clients thrive since 1923.
As trusted advisers to businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We are committed to supporting them through good and bad times. Our highly experienced people have the strategic insight, drive and dedication to deliver results.
With over 60 partners and more than 500 staff based in and around London, we are a leading member of the Moore Global Network. An international family made up of over 30,000 people across more than 100 countries, members connect and collaborate to take care of our clients’ needs – at a local, national and international level.
With the success of our clients at the centre of everything we do, our people are hugely important to us. We recognise that they are key to our continued growth and development as a firm. Our commitment to developing our people and providing an environment in which they can thrive is therefore paramount to us.
This is evidenced by the many awards we have won, recognising both our people and employer excellence, and our creative innovation, particularly in regard to client services – among other things.
About the Heathrow Office
The Heathrow office is based at The Old Vinyl Factory redevelopment in West London‘s Hayes & Harlington, which is a short walk to the cross rail station. The office has 3 full time Partners and a team of over 40. The office is rapidly growing and is looking to appoint a manager to strengthen the team and to enable further growth. The office itself provides a very contemporary open plan-working environment enabling the team to collaborate effectively.
Purpose of the Role
You will be managing a client portfolio and be a key contact for those clients, delivering on multiple assignments to agreed deadlines alongside the Partners. You will demonstrate the highest technical standards, but also communicate those ideas to clients in a clear, concise and actionable way with minimal input from a Partner. You will be trusted to manage projects fully and to budget.
You will actively seek opportunities to contribute to the firm’s growth and management. You will take responsibility of your team and help to develop team members, working with the Partners to manage the team. You will support the firm’s values and act as a role model for other members of the team. You will be based in and will spend most time in our Heathrow office. In addition, you should expect to work in other Kingston Smith offices, particularly in central London, on occasion.
Key Takes and Responsibilities
- Actively manages a portfolio of clients (starting at around £400k) ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, the work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise partner review time.
- The portfolio will consist of a mix of Audit 50%, Accounts Prep 40% & Tax work 10% (estimated).
- Takes part in other ad-hoc exercises such as investigations, due diligence and other duties as required by clients or partners.
- Plans jobs and organises assignment to ensure the job is carried out in the most efficient way possible and that deadlines are met.
- Fully understands the clients’ businesses and the issues they face.
- Takes an active role in the leadership of the General Practice team, supporting the Partners with the management of the office.
- Carries out all work, and ensures the work of staff is in line with ISO 9001 procedures.
- Fully understands clients’ businesses and the issues they face.
- Provides clear instruction and constructive feedback to staff in a timely manner.
- Acts as training manager and mentor to allocated trainees.
- Takes an active role with motivating staff and managing issues informally, raises more serious matters with HR where appropriate.
- Produces training material and regularly presents training to trainees on a variety of topics.
- Actively participates in meetings, workshops and training.
- Takes an active role in Business Development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Assists with the preparation and presentation of new client pitches.
- Attends training and is committed to CPD, continually developing and increasing their knowledge and skills to give the best possible service and advice to clients and KS staff.
- Takes responsibility for billing procedures and debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with client partner.
- Provides ideas and input to new innovations and improvements to help improve efficiency and productivity and better improve the quality of services we offer.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Accounting Qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, managing both people and a portfolio for at least 2 years.
- Experience in tax particularly corporation tax.
- Commitment to client care and service beyond expectation.
- High level of technical competence.
- Commitment to CPD and ensuring technical competence is continually improved.
- Commercially aware and able to apply and communicate technical knowledge in a clear and commercial way.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to give feedback in a constructive manner.
- Deadlines/time management
- Attention to detail
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accountancy Practice and Outsourcing Manager
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Senior Practice Accountant
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits