General Practice Manager
|Job Title:||General Practice Manager|
|Salary:||54000 - 60000|
|Reference:||GP St Albans|
|Contact Name:||Amy Maguire|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 14:45|
About Moore Kingston Smith
Moore Kingston Smith is a dynamic, leading UK firm of accountants and business advisers. We have been helping clients thrive since 1923.
As trusted advisers to businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, we are passionate about helping our clients achieve their ambitions. We are committed to supporting them through good and bad times. Our highly experienced people have the strategic insight, drive and dedication to deliver results.
With over 60 partners and more than 500 staff based in and around London, we are a leading member of the Moore Global Network. An international family made up of over 30,000 people across more than 100 countries, members connect and collaborate to take care of our clients’ needs – at a local, national and international level.
With the success of our clients at the centre of everything we do, our people are hugely important to us. We recognise that they are key to our continued growth and development as a firm. Our commitment to developing our people and providing an environment in which they can thrive is therefore paramount to us.
This is evidenced by the many awards we have won, recognising both our people and employer excellence, and our creative innovation, particularly in regard to client services – among other things.
Our St Albans office comprises of experienced partners, supported by a strong client service team, providing a full range of services to SMEs based in Greater London, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. This office also offers great exposure to international clients.
Purpose of the Role
You will be managing a client portfolio that will start on £600K and will grow with time. You are a key contact for those clients, delivering on multiple assignments to agreed deadlines alongside the Partners.
You will demonstrate the highest technical standards, but also communicate those ideas to clients in a clear, concise and actionable way with minimal input from a Partner. You will be trusted to manage projects fully and to budget.
You will actively seek opportunities to contribute to the firm’s growth and management. You will take responsibility of your team, help in the development of junior staff. You will support the firm’s values and act as a role model for other members of the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Manages a portfolio of clients (starting at around £600k+) ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, the work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise partner review time. Approximate workload would be a mix of 60% Audit, 30% Accounts & 10% Tax.
· Plans jobs and organises assignment to ensure the job is carried out in the most efficient way possible and that deadlines are met.
· Considers Firm wide productivity and efficiency when planning jobs and booking staff.
· Carries out all work, and ensures the work of staff is in line with ISO 9001 procedures.
· Provides clear instruction and constructive feedback to staff in a timely manner.
· Acts as training manager and mentor to allocated trainees.
· Assists with motivation of all staff and takes an active role in managing issues informally, raises more serious matters with HR where appropriate.
· Produces training material and regularly presents training to trainees on a variety of topics.
· Actively participates in meetings, workshops and training.
· Takes an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
· Takes part in other ad-hoc exercises such as investigations, due diligence and other duties as required by clients or partners.
· Assists with billing procedures and debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with client partner.
· Provides ideas and input to new innovations and improvements to help improve efficiency and productivity and better improve the quality of services we offer.
· Attends training and is committed to CPD, continually developing and increasing their knowledge and skills to give the best possible service and advice to clients and KS staff.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Accounting Qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, managing both people and a portfolio for at least 3-4 years.
- Experience in tax particularly corporation tax.
- Commitment to client care and service beyond expectation.
- High level of technical competence.
- Commitment to CPD and ensuring technical competence is continually improved.
- Commercially aware and able to apply and communicate technical knowledge in a clear and commercial way.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to give feedback in a constructive manner.
- Deadlines/time management
- Attention to detail
- 2:1 degree in any discipline
- Experience of working with Not for Profit
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Client Manager - General Practice
£38000 - £44000 per annum + 25 days holiday + flexi hours
General Practice Partner
Client Manager - Leading Independent Practice
£30000 - £50000 per annum
Client Manager - Professional Accountancy Practice
£30000 - £45000 per annum