10 days ago
Gemcorp was established in 2013 and currently has approx. 120+ partners/employees, primarily in London but with further representative offices in Moscow and Angola. Gemcorp has US$1bn+ in committed capital and continues to grow. Gemcorp was authorised by the FCA on 21 April 2015.
Gemcorp focuses on investing in Emerging Markets with a special interest in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Middle-East. Gemcorp has macro and credit strategies with an emphasis on private debt rather than public bond transactions.
Gemcorp is looking for a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with up to 5 years PQE. The successful candidate will report to Gemcorp’s Head of Fund & Corporate Accounting.
The role will include:
- Production of monthly NAV estimates for 5 Funds
- Preparation of annual expense budgets including responsibility for monthly accruals and payment reconcilaitions
- Recalculation of management fee and performance fee calculatons
- Work with the outsourced Administrator in finalising the monthly fund NAVs, and reconciling to in house estimates
- Assist with the development of the shadow NAV functionality in Orchestrade (Portfolio Management System)
- Liaising with external auditors and the Administrator for the preparation and sign off of audited financial statements
- Coordination of quarterly reporting packs to the Fund Boards
- Development and documentation of operational processes and controls
- Critical review of new deal structures to assess the accounting and reporting implications
- Review of relevant valuation models, and assisting in the governance of the valuation process.
- Process Improvements including assisting the whole Middle Office team
- Preparation and filing of various regulatory and investor realted filings (Annexe IV OPERA)
- Provide support to investor relations for investor queries
Skills / Experience:
- ACA/CIMA background
- Technical accounting for financial instruments
- Valuation experience a +
- Product Control across multiple asset classes a +
- Experience of management reporting and presentations
- Motivated and enthusiastic and keen to work in a structured start up environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong communications skills and ability to present quantitative information to senior management and investors
- Strong MS office skills including intermediary to advanced Excel.
Competitive package offered private medical and pension contribution and discretionary bonus depending years of experience and performance the Firm.