|Job Title:||Fund Accountant|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2020 12:37|
Gemcorp was established in 2013 and currently has approx. 120+ partners/employees, primarily in London but with further representative offices in Moscow and Angola. Gemcorp has US$1bn+ in committed capital and continues to grow. Gemcorp was authorised by the FCA on 21 April 2015.
Gemcorp focuses on investing in Emerging Markets with a special interest in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Middle-East. Gemcorp has macro and credit strategies with an emphasis on private debt rather than public bond transactions.
Gemcorp is looking for a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with up to 5 years PQE. The successful candidate will report to Gemcorp’s Head of Fund & Corporate Accounting.
The role will include:
- Production of monthly NAV estimates for 5 Funds
- Preparation of annual expense budgets including responsibility for monthly accruals and payment reconcilaitions
- Recalculation of management fee and performance fee calculatons
- Work with the outsourced Administrator in finalising the monthly fund NAVs, and reconciling to in house estimates
- Assist with the development of the shadow NAV functionality in Orchestrade (Portfolio Management System)
- Liaising with external auditors and the Administrator for the preparation and sign off of audited financial statements
- Coordination of quarterly reporting packs to the Fund Boards
- Development and documentation of operational processes and controls
- Critical review of new deal structures to assess the accounting and reporting implications
- Review of relevant valuation models, and assisting in the governance of the valuation process.
- Process Improvements including assisting the whole Middle Office team
- Preparation and filing of various regulatory and investor realted filings (Annexe IV OPERA)
- Provide support to investor relations for investor queries
Skills / Experience:
- ACA/CIMA background
- Technical accounting for financial instruments
- Valuation experience a +
- Product Control across multiple asset classes a +
- Experience of management reporting and presentations
- Motivated and enthusiastic and keen to work in a structured start up environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong communications skills and ability to present quantitative information to senior management and investors
- Strong MS office skills including intermediary to advanced Excel.
Competitive package offered private medical and pension contribution and discretionary bonus depending years of experience and performance the Firm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Senior Fund Accountant
£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
Management Accountant (Investment Management)
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus