£55000 - £60000 per annum
5 days ago
An opportunity for FP&A Lead to join this Kent based Insurance business commercial team.
Well known Insurance business based in Kent looking for a FP&A Lead to join their commercial team.
- Lead the month end process, delivering monthly internal management accounts reports for all insurance entities covering P&L, balance sheet and cash reporting, along with insight and commentary right for the intended audience
- Lead the bi-monthly forecasting process for current financial year, with a view to implement longer term forecasting as and when processes / systems allow
- Provide right challenge and support to the Commercial teams in order to deliver forecasts and financial plans which are challenging yet achievable
- Play a key role in managing the planning and budgeting cycle, working closely with the wider Finance teams to ensure the process is as smooth as possible
- Work closely with the Head of Finance - Business Performance Management in leading the transformation of FP&A processes, systems, and reporting, both in finding opportunities for change, scoping out plans to deliver, liaising with key stakeholders to obtain requirements and playing a key role in the more technical aspects of delivery
- Play a pivotal role in delivering the changes required to complete the transition to the Insurance business model, shorter term by incorporating the remaining entities within regular processes with a longer term view of developing the required infrastructure to supply sufficient rigour and control
- Analyse competitors reporting to supply insight to Finance management and the wider business about approaches our competitors take on elements such as investment strategy, pricing, ancillary sales. and support in benchmarking the business against its competitors
- Mentor and develop other team members, providing strong leadership and motivation within both FP&A and the wider Finance team
- Support the Head of Finance - Business Performance Management in upskilling the rest of the FP&A team, both in terms of tangible knowledge (I.e. insurance accounting and excel modelling) and softer skills (i.e. continuous improvement and stakeholder management)
- Insurance industry experience is essential, ideally within a management reporting role
- Must be Qualified Accountant
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Able to build and keep excellent working relationships, with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to consider the way investors, analysts and other external parties will view the Insurance results and adapt the narrative accordingly
- Experience of working within a regulated entity would be an advantage
The FP&A Lead is paying between 55-60,000 depending on experience plus other benefits.