|Job Title:||FP&A Analyst|
|Salary:||£50000 - £52500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Gibb|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2021 12:41|
In this specialist role within the International Commercial function, you'll support the delivery of the annual budget process and lead the collation of planning and forecast data. You'll be required to develop appropriate models and key outputs such as bridges/variance analysis and prepare P&L and balance sheet budgets and forecast for the International function, whilst working closely with functional FP&A and continuous improvement lead.
My client is a British multinational postal service and courier company, originally established over 500 years ago as a department of the English government. They operate worldwide and provide mail collection and delivery services throughout the UK.
They connect companies, customers and communities, delivering a 'one-price-goes-anywhere' universal postal service to over 29 million addresses and are focused on being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe.
To support their commercial vision, they have an excellent opportunity for a Financial Performance Analyst to support the International Commercial function with the provision of insightful and robust financial management information, ensuring accurate financial reporting and be the primary support for the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
Working closely with functional FP&A and continuous improvement lead, you'll ensure assumptions are applied consistently and drive simplification and standardisation of processes. You'll support the proactive design and development of ad hoc analysis outputs and drive the development of models/outputs which provide management insight.
Budgets & Plans
- Supports delivery of the annual budget process
- Leads on collation of planning and forecast data
- Develops appropriate models and key outputs such as bridges/variance analysis
- Responsible for preparing P&L and balance sheet budgets and forecast for the International function
- Works closely with Commercial FP&A Lead to ensure assumptions are applied consistently
- Works closely with the Continuous Improvement Lead to drive simplification and standardisation of processes
- Performs reviews of monthly commercial financial results, identifies issues and liaises with Commercial Finance teams to understand and resolve
- Responsible for accurate financial reporting and ensure transactions are recognised in line with Group policy
- Performs monthly and weekly analysis of key financial variances
- Deliver proactive, robust, accurate analysis and insight
- Supports in the proactive design and development of ad hoc analysis outputs as required
- Supports and drives the development of models/outputs which provide management insight
Adhoc projects in support of broader group and team objectives
My client is looking for qualified accountants with the following skills and experiences:
* Qualified accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA (essential)
* Strong systems and data skills (SAP, Qlikview, Advanced Excel, Advanced Powerpoint, Think Cell and Anaplan)
* Sound analytical skills
* An enquiring and inquisitive mind
* Experience of building financial models
* Effective organisational skills
* Attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Experience in a logistics, retail or distribution environment would be an advantage.
- Competitive salary
- £4,000 car allowance
- Health cover
- Up to 18% performance related bonus
RPlease note that this role is mainly remote working. You must be flexible and be able to travel to attend meetings on an ad-hoc basis (London, Milton Keynes).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's