10 days ago
Senior Manager to join a leading practice with a clear cut path to Partner. Senior addition to join the Forensics/Audit department at a leading South Wales practice.
Michael Page are partnering with a leading independent practice looking to recruit a Forensic/Audit Associate Director as a pivotal key hire into their team. The firm has grown through mainly organic, ongoing, and sustained positive growth based from their office on the edge of Cardiff with easy access off the M4 motorway. With six partners and circa forty staff, the firm services a very wide-ranging client base across varying sectors throughout South Wales. These clients range in size from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the partners are looking to expand the team with the addition of a senior Forensics/Audit candidate. The successful individual will carve an influential role, playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every partner has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for a Forensic/Audit Associate Director joining a Cardiff based accountancy firm will be:
* Contribute to the marketing strategy for Forensic nationally;
* Contribute to creating/maintaining a training plan for all members of the Forensic team;
* Review all forensic work to ensure compliance with the relevant Procedure Rules, accuracy and quality. Moreover, review Audit work as this role requires 70/30 split between both Forensics and Audit;
* Make sure the team contains the right mix of staff ability and skill levels and develop a team spirit;
* Staff appraisal responsibility for Forensic staff;
* Actively mentor new and existing Forensic team members;
* Support the national Forensic effort to organise and facilitate team updates; and
* Drive communications between the Forensic team and the wider group within the relevant region.
The successful candidate joining as a Forensic/Audit Associate Director at a Cardiff based accountancy firm will have/be:
* A formal accountancy qualification required i.e. Audit Qualification;
* Already experienced in doing Forensic work in a senior managerial or designated expert role and has a strong network;
* A thorough understanding of expert witness work, responsibilities and requirements under the different procedural rules;
* Ability to network with the legal market and talk with knowledge of different Forensic work;
* Experience at giving evidence in Court is preferable but not required;
* Ability to win instructions on the merit of their experience. Leads the instruction and signs reports;
* Excellent interpersonal/people management skills. Able to lead, motivate and build a team of people; and
* Innovative and proactive. Able to design and develop new initiatives to attract new Forensic instructions.
- Highly competitive salary;
- Agile working; and
- Great office location, on-site parking.