Forensic Manager - varied casework
|Job Title:||Forensic Manager - varied casework|
|Salary:||bonus & benefits|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2021 15:26|
Exemplary firm for internal promotions, including to Partner
Your new company
This entrepreneurial full-service firm has a higher ratio of Advisory than many of a similar size. Indeed a key early JV of theirs led to a business that now sits at the core of one of the best known Advisory firms in the UK & US. Launching into Forensic via a key Partner acquisition a few years ago they are now a 3 Partner Forensic team with a competitively varied range of work across civil and criminal matters. These include contractual and commercial disputes, mass redress, financial services, valuations, expert determinations, fraud/ fraudulent trading, wide-ranging investigations, loss of profits and many more. The ideal combination of variety and volume means a rising Forensic AM/Manager can really "cut their teeth" on matters they may not have experienced before and take greater responsibility on them than at a bigger firm.
Your new role
You'll be working closely with the Partners to build on your already developed forensic skills and move toward taking the lead on client engagements. You will add value by drawing on previous experience on forensic accounting assignments involving primarily civil litigation and possibly including some financial investigatory expertise. Taking instruction from the nominated Expert and then be responsible for managing the day to day work on project, you'll be drafting initial reports and schedules and becoming more involved in developing and maintaining client and referrer relationships. Just as you yourself will manage team members, including providing on the job training and support ,so your own career development will be supported by the senior team and the wider firm.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Likely to have >3 years' PQE gained in Forensic Accounting, which will already contain varied civil/litigation matters. If you're in a blended forensic role where you feel you have too much fraud (but are still doing some disputes work) this could be ideal, as the firm may be able to "flip" your caseload bias.
- Desire to take more responsibility, and work your way up to Expert in your own right in the future
What you'll get in return
- I speak from experience of placing into this team when I say that they have a strong track record in internal promotions.
- Happy working culture with proper WLB
- Flexible working policy that has been in place for years already - not a reaction post-Covid!
- Core hours policy in the firm, so when you're on your office-based days you can decide your working hours.
- Literally learning everything there is to be learned from mentors who want you to succeed
- Great set of values and CSR activities/policies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's