Forensic Manager/SM - boutique feel, national firm
|Job Title:||Forensic Manager/SM - boutique feel, national firm|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||benefits package inc. L&D|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2021 10:02|
Work WITH the Expert/Partners, not just "for."
Your new company
This large UK and European firm has carved out a significant share of the Tax, Audit and Technology markets, alongside increasing recognition in Corporate Advisory. They especially champion SME and entrepreneurial businesses. Building on their success in Recovery/Restructuring and Corporate Finance sectors, they have also established their brand in Forensic via several key Partner hires and building out from the work in this space already attracted via CF and R&R. Currently the Forensic team bar two sit outside of London and the firm are now ready to invest in one for the capital.
Your new role
The Partner responsible for the south-eastern region (including London) is now ready to hire a #2 and build out this dedicated team. You'd learn and experience everything the Partner does, joining for BD and lawyer meetings as well as drafting full reports on a wide variety of matters. These include but are not limited to:
- Contentious valuations/valuation matters
- Contentious insolvency
- Breaches of Contract
- Breaches of Warranty
- Loss of Profits
- Expert appointments
and much more.
The other Partners attract a significant proportion of fraud/investigations work so if that is something of interest, it's perfectly possible to support some of that casework too.
You'll genuinely work alongside the London Partner (not just "for") and experience everything first hand - no quicker way to learn and develop You'll be supported and encouraged in your own BD activities too and frankly there is still much to be harvested from the internal network of other service-line Partners - plenty of low-hanging fruit.
There is a very clear path to Partner, which if you're an experienced Manager could be achieved in 5 years. The strategy is to have 2-3 Partners in the south-east over this period of time, and they very much hope you'll be one of them.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent level accounting qualification
- Forensic experience gained across a wide range of matters, leaning towards disputes/litigation
- Used to drafting significant sections of reports
- The ambition to achieve Partnership when ready
What you'll get in return
- A faster learning curve than is available in a more layered/structured team
- Invaluable, partner's-eye experience on all matters
- The chance to start drafting full reports if you haven't before
- A wide range of casework that due to it's average size means you can easily "cut your teeth" on anything you haven't done before
- A firm that invests in the whole person - L&D for all aspects of your career, and bespoke career coaching
- And as above, a clear and uninterrupted route and timeline to Partner
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Forensic and Counter Fraud Director
£25000 - £85000 per annum
Audit Manager – Top 20 firm
55000 - 65000 + Benefits
Accounts Senior – Top 20 firm
44000 - 48000 + Benefits + Excellent Progression
Accounts Senior - Technology lead accountancy firm
£23000 - £37000 per annum
Accounting Services, Senior - Big 4 firm
£46500 - £48000 per annum