Forensic Accounting: ACA conversion opportunity
|Job Title:||Forensic Accounting: ACA conversion opportunity|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2021 11:48|
If quantum, inferences and judgements have always appealed to you, this could be the ideal next career move.
Your new company
This longstanding Hays client is a market-leader in their field. Quietly ahead of the curve on many matters over the years (eg.they were very early adopters both of Forensic Technology and even on competency-based interviewing!) they specialise in insurance, legal, and corporate markets. Their cross-sector team of experts take on in-depth investigations to determine what happened, financial outcomes, and quantify economic loss/ damages. Part of a global accounting network/brand, they are gradually expanding their forensic offering and benefit from being able to resource cases on a global basis.
Their highly-regarded graduate training scheme usually yields enough qualifieds so it's rare to be able to get into this firm as a new ACA, but a surge in casework combined with ongoing organic growth means they are now looking externally to add to the team.
Your new role
A full specification is available, as is one of our own articles "Getting into Forensic Accounting" on request. We can talk you through how this firm and its work differentiates from many others on the phone. But in brief:
- Conducting and performing forensic financial analyses; build models, maintain documents, assist in report writing, and perform quality control procedures on schedules and reports
- Carry out the quantification of claims on behalf of Insurers, Loss Adjusters, Lawyers and others.
- Analyse data and financial / non-financial information and apply a forensic approach to the work.
- Prepare clear, concise reports which can be understood by non-accountants
The industries you'll come into contact with are hugely varied and your analysis/ultimate opinion will include factors such as industry market trends, share price/individual corporate performance against competitors, the operational/systems strength of the business, valuation and much more than simply the P&L!
What you'll need to succeed
If you think it's the Fraud side of Forensics that will mainly appeal to you, this role/firm is not for you.
However if it's the ambiguity of disputes/litigation and quantum that you find interesting - having to form and evidence an opinion where there is no "right" or "wrong" answer - then that's a really good foundation instinct for this role. Plus:
- ACA or equivalent, newly/very recently qualified
- Background in audit or corporate advisory in practice (eg. valuations, due diligence etc)
- Ability to spot the unusual and tenacity to discover the cause
- A naturally curious intellect
- Someone who can get deep into detail but without losing sight of the big picture
- Readiness to accept challenge on what you do/think!
Speaking a 2nd language would be a distinct advantage.
The roles are also very much open to those with existing Forensic experience, who perhaps would like to gear their casework more towards economic quantum/loss and would enjoy casework that gets you a lot closer to the end business/industry than is typical for disputes.
*Please note that the firm is currently unable to sponsor those who do not have the right to work in the UK*
What you'll get in return
- A 21st century career which is the closest you'll get to "economy-proof."
- Working with one of the best teams in the industry, with a strong set of ethics and values
- Being part of a global brand
- Being encouraged from day one to get involved in BD
- A very fair bonus metric blended on firm, team and individual performance
- Intellectual satisfaction combined with commercial impact
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Qualified ACA - PQE 2 to 5 years
Top 60 Audit & Accounts Senior – Training for small firm ACA / ACCA
42000 - 48000 + Training + Benefits
Top 20 Audit Senior – Training for a small firm ACA / ACCA
42000 - 44000 + Benefits + Full Training
Private Client Tax Senior or PQ Associate
City of London, London
£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + plus competitive benefits
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum