|Job Title:||Financial Strategist|
|Salary:||£32905 - £38580 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Palmer|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:24|
The Cabinet Office has a vital role to play at the centre of government. Its purpose is to maintain the integrity of the union, the security of the country and a flourishing democracy, to ensure delivery of the government's programme and the Prime Minister's priorities, and to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
The Strategy Team focuses on financial planning across the whole of Cabinet Office. The Financial Strategist will deliver analysis and insight for strategic planning, fiscal events and stock-takes and oversee timely responses to requests for information from HMT, the Finance Director and Permanent Secretary. This includes preparation and delivery of business planning and the Spending Review.
A key focus of the Financial Strategist's work is scrutinising financial and non-financial information received from diverse business areas. The post-holder will also design and manage projects which deliver insight to drive Board level discussions and facilitate strategic level decision-making.
The responsibilities of the Financial Strategist will include
- Accurately consolidate significant volumes of financial and non-financial data for diverse business areas in working documents, ensuring clear documentation of process.
- Assist in producing robust financial analysis to understand impact of decisions made at both a business area level and across the Cabinet Office more broadly.
- Support the business in the preparation and delivery of Spending Review 2020 material, developing longer-term financial plans.
- Ensure effective collaboration with finance business partners and colleagues in Strategy and HR to ensure a joined-up approach to planning across the corporate teams.
- Support other fiscal events such as delivery of Efficiency Reviews, Spending Reviews and financial stocktakes.
- Assist in carrying out strategic analysis in order to ensure value for money in the department and design and implement projects which deliver the necessary analysis and insight.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified (or with sufficient financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A minimum of two years' experience in a finance, strategy or analytical role.
- The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way, and deliver consistently high quality work to a deadline.
- Ability to proactively build, maintain and influence stakeholder networks and work collaboratively with others to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in Excel / Google sheets.
Salary - £32,905 - £38,580 + £2,500 or £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Year End / Financial Accountant
Up to £550.00 per day + inside IR35
Up to £300.00 per day
Head of Finance
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £57000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Lewes, East Sussex
£52845 - £58724 per annum
IFRS Project Manager
Up to £61600 per annum