Financial Strategist x2
|Job Title:||Financial Strategist x2|
|Salary:||£38700 - £43889 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Palmer|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:30|
The Cabinet Office has a vital role to play at the centre of government. Its purpose is to maintain the integrity of the union, the security of the country and a flourishing democracy, to ensure delivery of the government's programme and the Prime Minister's priorities, and to ensure the delivery of the finest public services by attracting and developing the best public servants and improving the efficiency of government.
The Strategy Team focuses on financial planning across the whole of Cabinet Office. The Financial Strategist will deliver analysis and insight for strategic planning, fiscal events and stock-takes and oversee timely responses to requests for information from HMT, the Finance Director and Permanent Secretary. This includes preparation and delivery of business planning and the Spending Review.
A key focus of the Financial Strategist's work is scrutinising financial and non-financial information received from diverse business areas. The post-holder will also design and manage projects which deliver insight to drive Board level discussions and facilitate strategic level decision-making.
The responsibilities of the Financial Strategist will include
- Accurately consolidate significant volumes of financial and non-financial data for diverse business areas in working documents, ensuring clear documentation of process.
- Produce robust financial analysis to understand impact of decisions made at both a business area level and across the Cabinet Office more broadly.
- Support the business in the preparation and delivery of Spending Review 2020 material, developing longer-term financial plans.
- Ensure effective collaboration with finance business partners and colleagues in Strategy and HR to ensure a joined-up approach to planning across the corporate teams.
- Support other fiscal events such as delivery of Efficiency Reviews, Spending Reviews and financial stocktakes.
- Carry out strategic analysis in order to ensure value for money in the department and design and implement projects which deliver the necessary analysis and insight.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified or part-qualified (or with sufficient financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A minimum of two years' experience in a finance, strategy or analytical role.
- The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way, and deliver consistently high quality work to a deadline.
- Ability to proactively build, maintain and influence stakeholder networks and work collaboratively with others to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in Excel / Google sheets.
Salary - £38,700 - £43,889 + £2,500 or £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Accountant X2
£35,635 - 40,248 per year + £5000 accountancy allowance
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Head of Finance
£53000 - £60000 per annum
Head of Finance Business Partnering & Strategic Finance
£57,000 - 65,308 per year + plus £5,000 accountancy allowance
Senior Finance Business Partner
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£53000 - £62000 per annum