Competitive + Benefits
13 days ago
We are recruiting an Assistant Manager for our growing Financial Services exernal audit team in London. You will be working on a wide range of clients varying in size and will have the opportunity to work on various financial services assignments.
• Proactively maintain role and client relationship all year round on portfolio clients.
• Full responsibility for all aspects of planning from resourcing to managing partners to and Vantage to client. This includes (the following is not a comprehensive list):
- Perform the planning of the audit on larger clients and highlight key risk areas for manager attention. Delegate work to other seniors where applicable.
- Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
- Supervise and aid in the production of the Client Audit Plan to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client alongside the manager.
- Prepare summary highlighting main issues noted in the planning and key risk areas, taking into account all Group companies.
• Manage a portfolio of clients, ensuring timely communication with the client of assignment scope, audit timetables, fees and engagement terms
• Review audit/assignment file during fieldwork stage and on completion, raising notes and resolving issues on a timely basis
• Control financial aspects including budgeting and recovery
• ACA, CA, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or international equivalent is essential
• Highly motivated, commercially aware and able to thrive in a pressurised environment. It is essential that candidates be technically up to date in both UK GAAP and IFRS, and possess strong communication and team working skills.
• Experience of leading Audits, from planning through to completion is essential.
• Experience in the Financial Services area would be advantageous.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and find solutions to problems which may not have been encountered before
• Develops understanding of client and maintains professional relationships