Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Manager|
|Salary:||£60-65k + bonus + pension + medical|
|Contact Name:||Craig Brimble|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2019 11:36|
JOB TITLE: WSH FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: WSH FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager oversees the Financial Reporting affairs of the business and ensures all accounting and reporting matters are handled effectively and appropriately.
- Manage and develop the financial reporting team (2 qualified accountants and 4 part-qualified accountants)
Statutory accounts and audit
- Oversee the preparation and review of the statutory accounts for all UK and Ireland group entities (circa 45), including multiple group consolidations under UK GAAP and a charitable foundation under charities SORP. Ensure compliance with all necessary local filings for other European entities.
- Review of current and deferred corporation tax computations and associated disclosure notes in statutory accounts.
- Providing technical accounting support to the business, including in respect to capex, consolidations, FOREX, non-controlling interests, acquisitions and group reorganisations.
- Manage the preparation of iXBRL-compliant statutory accounts files in support of year end corporation tax computations.
- Serving as primary contact to PwC statutory audit team, monitoring provision of audit information from wider finance teams, communicating deadlines and negotiating resourcing issues as appropriate.
- Manage the preparation of the detailed monthly group management accounts pack, producing the narrative commentary pack for the Board and private equity investors.
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly covenant reporting for bank finance lenders and responding to bank lender queries on results.
- Leading annual group budget cycle, including setting timetable, agreeing deliverables and monitoring provision of budget information from business units.
- Reviewing budget submissions and consolidated P&L, balance sheet and cash flow schedules, providing challenge where necessary to ensure robust budgets are submitted to the Board for approval.
- Leading adhoc projects (to include group simplification project and implementation of Corporate Governance Reform) where appropriate to improve management reporting and internal control processes.
- Active role in acquisitions, refinances and other adhoc reporting matters
Balance sheet review
- Champion and drive team use of Blackline reconciliation software tool for monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring all required reconciliations are being performed to agreed group standard, with any associated risks/opportunities identified and effectively communicated.
- Review of reconciliation methods for relevant accounts with clear recommendations for improvements where necessary and influencing change.
- Driving continual process improvements, including documentation of internal controls, providing challenge and recommendations as necessary.
- Ensure all necessary returns to Office of National Statistics are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Working collaboratively with other Senior Finance Team department heads to accomplish the strategic goals of the organisation.
- To provide a best-in-class, professional and approachable service to all internal and external customers.
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent) with at least 3+ years PQE
- Audit background
- Significant experience in the preparation and/or review of statutory accounts including consolidations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, modelling and similar)
- Self motivated to produce high quality work to tight timescales
- Excellent team player with clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skills with strong desire to develop their teams
- Proven ability to influence change and improve processes
- High level of honesty and integrity
Knowledge of statutory accounts production tool (Caseware) would be an advantage
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Manager
City of London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum + bonus plus benefits
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Assistant Financial Controller
£42000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Senior Management Accountant