£50000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
14 days ago
To slot in to the reporting team and add strength as this new layer is created, this opportunity is perfect for a 1st time/2nd time mover looking to elevate their career to engineer an FC role within the next 12-24 months.
This high-growth business in the Lichfield area has been through a series of acquisitions over the last decade and has evolved into a complex and interesting Group with the aspiration for further growth.
- To lead the production of quality Reports and Financial Statements in accordance with relevant accounting standards and agreed timetables
- To lead the production of financial reporting as an input to the Group reporting process
- To lead the production of commentaries and briefings for each set of Group submissions for use by senior management and statutory boards
- To support the statutory audit process to ensure that the key issues are identified in a timely manner and adequate time is allowed for the escalation and resolution of issues
- To manage and develop members of the team
- To ensure a robust control environment is maintained and identify ways to improve processes and procedures
- To work closely with the Group Finance Function to understand their reporting requirements and to ensure these are delivered in accordance with agreed timetables
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the attention to detail and the ability to communicate the results, opportunities and findings with the Senior Management Team and Group. It will be imperative to not only deliver timely and accurate financial information but to aspire to improve speed, accuracy and approach.
In order to flourish in the Financial Reporting Manager position, ideally you will:
- Have a strong technical background ideally from the Big 4 or Top 10 practice with an ACA qualification
- Either operating at Manager grade within practice or a second-time mover with 12+ months industry experience under your belt
- Communicate with confidence and authority at all levels
- Be self-assured whilst able to take feedback
- £50,000 - £55,000 base salary
- Other excellent benefits to be discussed at briefing stage
- The opportunity to grow with an ever-growing business and position yourself for an FC role within the next 18-24 months
- Excellent coaching and mentoring from some truly great finance leaders within the business