Financial Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Reporting Manager|
|Salary:||£50k - 55k per year|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Palmer|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2021 18:31|
Have you honed your financial accounting skills to the point where you want to be leading on year end while also managing a high performing team? Do you want to join an organisation with a newly formed structure, where new senior leaders are making big changes, creating the opportunity for you to progress? Are you a qualified accountant looking for a role in which you can take the bulk of the responsibility for ensuring accuracy in the financial records? Then this is the role for you.
My client is a Housing provider, based in South London, that is showing impressive growth and plays a key role in providing services for the local community, and reflects the diversity and energy of the area, who is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to join the team.
The main responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Manager are as follows:
- Take full ownership of maintaining the general ledger and aim for total accuracy in the financial records.
- Lead on the preparation for year end, producing the final statutory accounts for sign off by senior leaders, as well as being the key liaison for auditors.
- Reconcile the balance sheet and control accounts, and make sure that the organisation’s finances comply with all regulations and requirements.
- Play a pivotal role in making sure that the financial system is accurate, up to date, and its value is being maximised within the finance team.
- Manage a small team, supporting their ambition and development.
- Be a key point of financial expertise for the wider organisation, responding to queries, supporting the wider team to make the best use of practices, and promote finance as a resource to both internal and external customers.
With a new structure in place, the team is set up for success and has recently recruited some exceptional talent to help take things to the next level. This is an opportunity that would suit someone with prior financial accounting or audit experience, perhaps someone with a recent qualification looking to transition from supporting year end to leading it for the first time, while absorbing all the support on offer from those above.
The role would particularly suit someone with a dynamic mindset and approach, as upcoming changes in the way finance operates will result in a big shift in how finance is viewed from internal and external customers. Those who can react quickly to change, and appreciate new techniques and methods of promoting finance, will fare well.
With the organisation moving towards a genuinely flexible way of working post-pandemic, you can expect to be able to do a substantial amount of your work remotely if that would suit you.
The successful candidate for the Financial Reporting Manager role will have:
- Qualified as an accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.).
- An appreciation and understanding of the unique challenges of the housing and/or local authority sector, and have a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships outside of finance, as well as previous management experience and the desire to help junior staff members grow.
- The ambition and motivation to grow quickly in their career – this is a role that will allow the successful candidate to develop and progress into more senior positions.
If you are interested in this position please apply immediately, as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Financial Reporting and Treasury
Corporate Tax & Statutory Reporting Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
car allowance, private medical
Financial Accounting Manager
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Finance Manager / Financial Controller
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum